• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Benefit of switching off sense ui

First off, hello everyone. Been lurking for a while, ever since ive had my hero a while back. Very,very happy with my brand new EVO.

After using the sense ui the first couple days, and not having that great of battery(prob due to the widgets) i decided to switch to the normal android launcher. After using this for a few days, ive had no prob with the battery. Been able to get 16+ hrs a day using the phone regularly, with wifi on(while at home), live wallpapers, texting, making phone calls, ect.

Has anyone else seen these results with or without sense ui?

Oh and one more thing, as soon as my phone comes off the charger in the morning, my battery almost drains to 90% within an hr and half of doing nothing, but then stays strong for the entire day. Whats that about?

First off, hello everyone. Been lurking for a while, ever since ive had my hero a while back. Very,very happy with my brand new EVO.

After using the sense ui the first couple days, and not having that great of battery(prob due to the widgets) i decided to switch to the normal android launcher. After using this for a few days, ive had no prob with the battery. Been able to get 16+ hrs a day using the phone regularly, with wifi on(while at home), live wallpapers, texting, making phone calls, ect.

Has anyone else seen these results with or without sense ui?

Oh and one more thing, as soon as my phone comes off the charger in the morning, my battery almost drains to 90% within an hr and half of doing nothing, but then stays strong for the entire day. Whats that about?

Might be a bug in the OS battery life tracking.

Sense UI should save you some battery life by shutting it down, it's just another added process feeding on the cpu/battery.

Upvote 0
Oddly enough, I had the opposite result when I went to the launcher. With Sense disabled my battery life plummeted, needing to recharge 2 times. The next day I turned it back on and I got a full day out of the charge.

I don't understand! I used the phone about the same amount.

Upvote 0
Oddly enough, I had the opposite result when I went to the launcher. With Sense disabled my battery life plummeted, needing to recharge 2 times. The next day I turned it back on and I got a full day out of the charge.

I don't understand! I used the phone about the same amount.

Sounds like a coincidence, turn all your optional processes off like 4G, wifi, even live wallpaper and see if it helps.

If not; batteries are not created equal, try getting another one; I've heard those long life batteries work great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones