• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My S5e has been restarted randomly in every 2-10 hours, what to do to fix it?

kokoroanime

Lurker
Sep 20, 2014
I got Tab S5e a month ago, I've ordered it from Amazon. It was a 128 GB/6 GB version. Okay, since the day I picked it up, it works great and functions very well but it restarts randomly like a few times a day. When my tablet is off and I'm not using it at the time, it restarts randomly as Tab S5e logo appeared on screen, meaning that it resets themselves.

The tablet also turns itself on while my tablet is off and on plug charging.

The battery is still good. Both volume and power buttons aren't sticky. The tablet also rubs faster and I had no problem with that.

Here are the things I tried to prevent this but didn't help.

- Switching to Safe Mode
- Wiping system cache
- Removing the plastic rubber case

Will you help me find the solution without even returning it?

Thank you.

Reactions: richardwilson
I forgot to mention that when either my tablet is left off while playing music or background music from a video, live or not, it doesn't restart itself, it just stays 24/7 when the video or music is played 24/7 whenever I'm playing on it or not.

It doesn't also restart itself when I was surfing the web or play games.

Upvote 0
OK I think you solved the problem

But the problem is that, if I am tending to leave my tablet on standby while I haven't play any music or background live or not and I'm not on it. It would just restart itself for like every 2-3 hours.

While the tablet is off while it's charging, it would later turn itself on. It also restarts itself while fully charged and still plugged.

Upvote 0
I got Tab S5e a month ago, I've ordered it from Amazon. It was a 128 GB/6 GB version. Okay, since the day I picked it up, it works great and functions very well but it restarts randomly like a few times a day. When my tablet is off and I'm not using it at the time, it restarts randomly as Tab S5e logo appeared on screen, meaning that it resets themselves.

The tablet also turns itself on while my tablet is off and on plug charging.

The battery is still good. Both volume and power buttons aren't sticky. The tablet also rubs faster and I had no problem with that.

Here are the things I tried to prevent this but didn't help.

- Switching to Safe Mode
- Wiping system cache
- Removing the plastic rubber case

Will you help me find the solution without even returning it?

Thank you.
Try doing sysdump through adb. you'll need to enable developer mode and enable USB. Be careful, if connected to a compromised computer it could affect your device. Sysdump should have the reason it's restarting. Another option is going a bug report. Both are going to be tedious, lots of reading.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones