• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Benefits of rooting GP6P?

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
I realized looking at this forum that I am like the kid who shows up late for class, and then asks 95 questions and looks at other's tests. Sorry! I'll keep it brief.

I remember back in the day with various phones, (Motorola Moto X Pure, LG V30, GS3, Xiaomi, etc) that there were a lot of reasons (If I remember correctly) to root phones. Debloating was a main one for me, silent custom boots was another, and cache clearing was made easier and a there were a few other benefits.

Other than looks, What benefits would justify rooting a google Pixel 6 Pro? Can I get a quicker phone with longer battery life and other benefits?
Thanks!

- Kid who sows up late for class.

Reactions: Dannydet
I realized looking at this forum that I am like the kid who shows up late for class, and then asks 95 questions and looks at other's tests. Sorry! I'll keep it brief.

I remember back in the day with various phones, (Motorola Moto X Pure, LG V30, GS3, Xiaomi, etc) that there were a lot of reasons (If I remember correctly) to root phones. Debloating was a main one for me, silent custom boots was another, and cache clearing was made easier and a there were a few other benefits.

Other than looks, What benefits would justify rooting a google Pixel 6 Pro? Can I get a quicker phone with longer battery life and other benefits?
Thanks!

As far as I'm concerned, there is no need to be sorry. These groups are for sharing and learning whenever you join. There will always be someone that knows more than you and people that know less, so ask away!.
Unfortunately, I can't help you with rooting. I believe the reasons for rooting are as you described, but I've never rooted. I'm sure there are others that have. Good luck.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
rooting back in the day was because google and manufacturers had always held back the device for the sake of safety and security. rooting allowed people to unlock those potentials.....not to mention customizing the os to look and feel different than the usual.

these days, this is not as needed any more. if you want to root it, go for it. but as for me todays flagship phones comes with amazing tech that performs great with better battery life and speed.

play with the phone for a bit. and if you feel the need to root it, than go for it.....but that is ultimately up to you. i have not had a reason to root a phone since the days of the HTC EVO 4G.

Upvote 0
Once upon a time, I rooted every phone I had, and generally installed custom ROMs as well - often "crack flashing" nightly unstable releases just to be truly on the cutting edge.

I haven't felt the need to do any of that in years as basically all the reasons I used to root gradually got folded into Android itself. Modern Android offers so many powerful capabilities and ways to customize the experience that I don't personally see a need to root anymore.

So unless you have a specific use case which you know can only be served by rooting, I'd suggest not messing with it.

Upvote 0

Thanks!

Yes you can.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones