• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Benefits of rooting the X10

Lol timescape is of no use when you want to backup stock apps, it says its backed up but when ya need it, the restore buttons blacked out lol

After mediascape the only problem you should really be having is the option to change wallpapers although other apps can help ya out here!

if you buy the titanium backup donate version you can freeze apps (bit like uninstalling em without actually uninstalling them) lol.. this helps you tinker with apps n if you get errors.. you just defrost the culprit lolz

Upvote 0
Well I took the rooting jump thanks to many on here for helping, and Ive noticed the following:
Definate battery improvement,
Speed of applications
much faster Internet browsing
millions of apps do not load up int he background anymore

On the downside:
I cannot send an MMS - the "attach" button has mysteriously disappeared. (Rooted twice, removed minimal apps, and still cant do it)
Couple of issues with market. Cant download certain lines - says cannot find url

Overall though, Im glad I took the plunge.

Upvote 0
Well I took the rooting jump thanks to many on here for helping, and Ive noticed the following:
Definate battery improvement,
Speed of applications
much faster Internet browsing
millions of apps do not load up int he background anymore

On the downside:
I cannot send an MMS - the "attach" button has mysteriously disappeared. (Rooted twice, removed minimal apps, and still cant do it)
Couple of issues with market. Cant download certain lines - says cannot find url

Overall though, Im glad I took the plunge.

You have probably removed something you shouldn't have. I did the same thing. Had to re-root to fix it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
REFRESHER REQUIRED: :)

I rooted a few times, and last time I only removed Moxier.

Now tho, I want to remove PlayNow and some app called: Wiper APP which keeps showing up in my task panel despite me having it in auto kill.

The other stuff I managed to remove/uninstall using titanium backup. Except for these 2. Cant find Wiper app (Does anyone know what this is and what code to use to remove it?) and when I uninstall playnow it says unable to find apk file, but the program still works on my phone.

Sooooooooo question is: How do I go about running the cleanup cmd in step 3? I put my phone on debug mode, plugged it in, ran it and although it started with the damon running successfully mesage, when it came to removing the apps, it said name / file not found.

I tried putting the phone in flash mode, and then it just said phone not found.

anything Im doing wrong?

Cleanup code below:

@echo off

@adb shell mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock2 /system

@adb shell rm /system/app/play*
@adb shell rm /system/app/track*
@adb shell rm /system/app/LatinImeTutorial*
@adb shell rm /system/app/AndroidQuadrapop*
@adb shell rm /system/app/LatinIME*
@adb shell rm /system/app/FaceRecognition*
@adb shell rm /system/app/SEMCTouchPalKoreanQWERTY*
@adb shell rm /system/app/SEMCTouchPalChinese*
@adb shell rm /system/app/semc-backup*

@echo ##############################
@echo # DEVICE CLEANED SUCCESFULLY #
@echo ##############################

@adb shell reboot
pause

Upvote 0
Okay i somewhere that people were having trouble uninstalling playnow on a rooted x10

get rid of it by following the steps

1. make sure your device is rooted and install titanium backup from the market
2. from the homescreen go to settings
3. go into applications and manage applications
4. scroll down until you find playnow
5. touch it to open up the menu of what to do
6. press uninstall updates
7. open titanium back up and find play now
8. select it and select uninstall

this worked perfectly for me and its gone completely

Enjoy and hopes this helps

Vengeance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones