• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Benefits of rooting?

The con is the learning curve.

If you go farther than just rooting, you'll need to learn how to work the RSD Lite program with runs the sbd (system restore). This way, if the phone "bricks" (gets stuck booting or can't boot through so you can use it) you can always restore it.

You have to learn how to make backup so you can restore files if you mess up. You can learn how to install custom roms and themes. You can learn how to install custom boot animations. I have about four. :)

If you don't want to go that far and simply want root access, you can wireless tether without paying verizon the 20 dollars or so extra per month to do so. You can get access to files that you may not want (bloat) and disable them so they don't slow down the system. Etc.

If you're up for the adventure, I'd root. I did. The folks here (including myself, now) are patient and will talk you through stuff.

Steven

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones