• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best airline flight tracker?

I've tried a bunch and the app i chose to keep my flight/hotel info was kayak. I tried Tripit, but the one feature that made me dump it was the ability to get notifications if my flight was delayed, gate had changed, etc.. They charge extra for that. Kayak let's you do that for free as well as track flights.

I also use the FlightView app to track flights as it has more capabilities than Kayak. FlightView is similar to flightstats.com.

Reactions: red97xj
Upvote 0
I haven't tried different ones for comparison, but FlightView has worked well for me.
It keeps all the flight info for as many trips as I have planned (up to 3 months in advance) and allows you to make notes for each trip. It gives alerts for gate and time changes, and maps flights in the air.
I bought the paid version because I like it so much (and it gets rid of the ads, which really aren't that intrusive).

Upvote 0
I haven't tried different ones for comparison, but FlightView has worked well for me.
It keeps all the flight info for as many trips as I have planned (up to 3 months in advance) and allows you to make notes for each trip. It gives alerts for gate and time changes, and maps flights in the air.
I bought the paid version because I like it so much (and it gets rid of the ads, which really aren't that intrusive).

I also bought the paid version. One other feature it has which is nice is a widget. This way you don't have to be inside of the app to view the status of a specific flight you are tracking.

Upvote 0
I use flightstats.com's app FlightStats. It lets you store and save full trip info including hotel and car rental info (as well as general notes) and pulls the flight info automagically for your trips (including gate info, scheduled time and actual expected time, etc). It also gives you pretty much the full experience of flightstats.com through a decent phone interface. You can turn on polling and notifications, but the only settings are either to start one hour in advance or 24 hours in advance.

IIRC it was $9.99 and I've found it well worth the money. It was invaluable when snow shut down the east coast last February and I was scrambling to try and get back home from San Diego. Being able to check the whole board at airports and see flight leg info quickly helped a lot.

EDIT - I DID pay $9.99 for it, but now it's down to $4.99. There is also now an ad-supported free version that apparently mostly uses FlightsStats.com's mobile website. If you do try the free one realize that the paid app doesn't break out to the mobile site at all and uses local cache to allow you to view your information while in Airplane mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones