• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Confirms Aug 12th Release Date

I hate Verizon employees. A lot of them are pretty clueless to what is going on with their company. I called a Verizon store today and asked "Do you guys know when you will be getting your Droid 2 in and a live model of it on display on the floor? Isn't that supposed to be on Thursday?"

The guy replied..."I'm not sure. I think it is supposed to be within the next couple of weeks but it is definitely not Thursday." I hung up and started laughing.

LoL...
You will definitely have to go in, and speak to the manager one on one ;)

Upvote 0
I hate Verizon employees. A lot of them are pretty clueless to what is going on with their company. I called a Verizon store today and asked "Do you guys know when you will be getting your Droid 2 in and a live model of it on display on the floor? Isn't that supposed to be on Thursday?"

The guy replied..."I'm not sure. I think it is supposed to be within the next couple of weeks but it is definitely not Thursday." I hung up and started laughing.

Wow... sad part is I'm NOT surprised. 48 hours before the official launch of the predecessor of the best selling Android phone ever, and the employee can't even offer a straight informed answer, or go to a manager or a co-worker who actually cares enough about his job to know basic information 2 days in advance... for the RIGHT answer.

Upvote 0
Yea. The other Verizon store I called looked it up in the computer like any smart employee would do and told me it was Thursday. You would think that someone that is working for a phone company would know when the big phones are coming out.

I work at Gamestop and I always know when all the new releases are coming out so I can tell customers about them.

Upvote 0
The verizon rep I talked to in the store today was able to answer every single one of my questions actually.

Like DROIDing said, I guess it is all about who you get. Some people care about their job and want to be a good salesman so they read up on everything. Other people just do the bare minimum so they don't get fired.

Reactions: DROIDing
Upvote 0
One woman posting in the Droid X forum was apparently offered a job at one Verizon store after she ended up educating the employees more than their answering her questions before the Droid X was available.

I've definitely experienced a variety of expertise and service with Verizon employees in their stores. But at least I never had a Verizon employee outright lie to me about phone and plan availability, apparently to try to get me to purchase a more expensive phone and service as they were on commission, or tell me that they couldn't offer any deals for existing customers and I'd be better off to switch to another carrier as they had done. That's how my relationship with two of the other major wireless providers ended.

Upvote 0
One woman posting in the Droid X forum was apparently offered a job at one Verizon store after she ended up educating the employees more than their answering her questions before the Droid X was available.

I've definitely experienced a variety of expertise and service with Verizon employees in their stores. But at least I never had a Verizon employee outright lie to me about phone and plan availability, apparently to try to get me to purchase a more expensive phone and service as they were on commission, or tell me that they couldn't offer any deals for existing customers and I'd be better off to switch to another carrier as they had done. That's how my relationship with two of the other major wireless providers ended.

Hopefully cell phones don't continue to follow down this path and become nothing more than another used car-type business where the employee is more concerned about weaving lies to increase his monthly commission check.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones