Last Updated:

1. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Subject says it all.

TIA!!

Advertisement
  2. 5Strong

5Strong Well-Known Member

Best Buy preorder would be nice. Hopefully we would at least be able to avoid the long wait for the rebate!

3. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

Check back tomorrow I bet you Radio Shack and Best Buy's homepage will have a nice picture of the phone. :)

4. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Even if no preorder, I am still betting that they have them in stock on release day. Either of these retailers will be my first targets on the 31st... just because I don't feel like waiting on a rebate.

5. Scientific

Scientific Member

Exactly...I'll be driving by the Shack and Best Buy before I hit up the sprint store...that would be my last resort.

6. DILands

Well - I reserved mine from Spring - as a Plan B!!

7. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

as did I .. gotta have a few back up plans lol

8. SnootchyBoochys

SnootchyBoochys Active Member

So I just got off the phone with my local Best Buy and they say they have not heard anything in regards to a presale for the Epic 4G as of this time....I have already pre-ordered my Epic 4G from my local Sprint store after the official announcement last night (https://sprint.timetrade.com/tc/ReservePhone.do?method=load&postalCode) but I would prefer buying from my local Best Buy due to the fact that I have gift cards and that I would like to avoid all rebates and receive the instant rebates at Best Buy instead.

A few weeks ago I gave my contact information to a few of the store associates and they told me they would notify me when any presale information became available....There is no guarantee that they will call me however since its not an automated email alert but a phone call from a sales rep that I am counting on here...So, I wanted to create this thread so at the first presale availability we can jump on board so we don't miss out on the launch day Epic goodness at Best Buy!!!....By the way, I asked how the EVO was handled at Best Buy and the sales rep told me that only a limited amount of EVO's were available for presale and they were all sold out within the first hour of launch day at Best Buy so I'm expecting a similar launch on August 31st for the Epic 4G.....Thanks to everyone that is replying to this thread and keeping us Best Buyers in the know!!!....Keep calling your local Best Buys and bugging the hell out of those sales reps for presale information!!!

9. Scientific

Scientific Member

Getting it from sprint is PLAN Z...I've got until 6pm on 8/31 to find it cheaper or at the very least, without having to deal with the mail in rebate! :D

10. flynlow

flynlow Member

Will Best Buy or Radio Shack bill to your account? I pre ordered from Sprint because I know they will and I don't think I am going to have the spare cash on the 1st.

11. TheNewNetwork

TheNewNetwork Active Member

@BestBuyMobile just replied to me via twitter saying that they will have pre-order details for the Epic shortly.

RaiderJoe and drexappeal like this.
  12. Soufjerzz

Soufjerzz Well-Known Member

What is this u speak of?

13. mattism78

mattism78 Well-Known Member

As long as you don't have a spending limit that exceeds the price of the phone you are able to put a phone on your bill and pay it off at the end of the month (or in payments if you schedule it with Sprint)

14. rasstar

rasstar Well-Known Member

IMO Best Buy costs more because they charge an activation fee and Sprint does not for upgrades.

15. Scientific

Scientific Member

True, but it's not that difficult to get sprint to give you a credit for the activation fee. I've been able to do that easily for my previous phones.

16. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

Well, that is not very scientific of you to flub the details...;)...you have until 9/1 at 6pm to pick up your phone.

17. SnootchyBoochys

SnootchyBoochys Active Member

I will be adding my new line to my sisters family plan for the Epic 4G....How do you suggest I go about asking Sprint to credit me for the activation fee?...How exactly did you do that?...Thanks!

18. bdforte69

bdforte69 Well-Known Member

Just got of the phone with my local Best Buy. Pre-orders for the EPIC will start this Friday! The pricing is supposed to be just like BB does for most devices... $350 with $100 instant rebate. So, that is $250 out-of-pocket as opposed to $350 if you go with Sprint. Technically, it is the same price either way you go, but keep in mind it will take at least 60 days to get your rebate from Sprint.

RaiderJoe and drexappeal like this.
  19. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

Your sister would have to call and ask for it to be removed, because it's her account.

20. lpsteve

lpsteve Member

Rebates are a big pain in the ass. I cant imagine not purchasing from a place that gives instant rebates.

21. Scientific

Scientific Member

Exactly....just call and ask for the credit or use the sprint chat feature on their website...works like a charm!

22. Scientific

Scientific Member

Oops...my bad, but yeah, basically have 2 days to find it cheaper or deal with the mail in rebate. Looks like BOTH best buy and radio shack will have them available for preorder and not have to deal with those mail in rebates! SCORE!

23. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Only thing with Best Buy, at least in L.A., is that they charge tax on the full retail price, not the rebate price. So, in the end, the instant rebate is only around $75. I'm still going to buy from there because I've had nothing but good experiences with Best Buy mobile phone purchasing.

I think Wirefly is the only 3rd party seller that I know of that offers instant rebate, but doesn't charge tax or shipping.

24. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

what did they say when you asked them?

25. DILands

I was away all day - and didn't have a chance. Does anyone have more details?

Thanks!