Best Calendar App?

What's your favorite calendar app? (Note: multiple choice ok)

1. Stock, whatever comes with the phone

70 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Pure Calendar

23 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Calwidget

11 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Agenda Widget

15 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Smooth Calendar

25 vote(s)
    6.2%
  6. QuickCalendarWidget

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Pure Calendar

5 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Pure Grid Calendar

11 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. S2 Calendar

4 vote(s)
    1.0%
  10. Calendar Pad

16 vote(s)
    4.0%
  11. iRT Calendar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Pocket Informant

25 vote(s)
    6.2%
  13. Business Calendar

57 vote(s)
    14.1%
  14. Gemini Calendar

12 vote(s)
    3.0%
  15. other

27 vote(s)
    6.7%
  16. PimlicalA

20 vote(s)
    5.0%
  17. Jorte

90 vote(s)
    22.3%
  18. Touch Calendar

24 vote(s)
    6.0%
  19. Calengoo

31 vote(s)
    7.7%
  20. Calendar Snooze

6 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a recommendation for a way to sync two google calendars with each other??
  2. CodaMan

CodaMan Member

+1 for Gemini
  3. Koxx

Koxx Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

following your comments I am thinking to add 4 things to Pure calendar :
    - a point and click method to enter date/time in 'quick event insertion'
    - a dismiss/snooze x min popup
    - a repeated alarm (every x minutes until snooze or y minutes after event start)
    - use 'important color' for events x minutes before event start.

I think I should fill most of your needs. What do you think about it ?
    Kattrinakitten likes this.
  4. lrbaerveldt

lrbaerveldt Active Member

Those all sound great, as long as the snooze and repeated alarms options go into the hours, and not just minutes. One of the things I really miss about my Palm was that if I ignored an alarm (say, for a task), it would automatically repeat the alarm at the same time the next day, and every day thereafter until I completed the task.
  5. Koxx

Koxx Well-Known Member

for tasks, it will stay managed by the task manager.
  6. lrbaerveldt

lrbaerveldt Active Member

Yes and no. Some people, myself included, use the calendar for certain kinds of tasks, esp. repeating ones. Some proponents of the "Getting Things Done" philosophy even state that certain kinds of tasks (or to do's) *should* only be in the calendar, and not in your task manager.

However, I have no intention of getting into a GTD debate. :D My suggestion that the options for repeating alarms should include hours (or days), and not be limited to minutes only, still stands. Thanks for listening.

Cheers.
  7. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

I spent many hours with my new LG Ally yesterday searching for and trying various Market apps to get a better calendar, wanting repeating alarm sounds and to see the text of reminders on the calendar. I settled with Calendar Pad and a utility called Calendar Snooze, which seriously improves upon the reminder alarm and snooze settings. It interacts with the default Calendar settings, so would also work with "front ends" other than Calendar Pad I think.

Zoandroiod
    bbajoras and lrbaerveldt like this.
  8. applejosh

applejosh Active Member

Just installed Pure Calendar (Agenda), and I like it! It can pull from the native calendar as well as Touchdown (which I use because this is my personal phone and I don't want to mix work with it, but it is nice to see calendar events and not have to carry my work phone with me on weekends) and Got To Do tasks. Brilliant!
  9. gadgetguru63

gadgetguru63 New Member

I use Jorte and it works fine, syncs with Google and looks good.
    gooberman likes this.
  10. Rotor

Rotor Well-Known Member

Same here, just switched to Jorte and finding it to be just what I was looking for in a calendar app.

Very pleased with it.
  11. Hatticus

Hatticus Member

I use Pure Calendar (Agenda) on my Desire. Works well with Got To Do
  12. santeezi03

santeezi03 Member

Seriously. I AGREE 1,000,000 Times. I used to have a Palm Pre (back when they were the best, and I've never had a better calander. Not the iPhone or the Android.
  13. richgetsy

richgetsy New Member

I would like to see a small widget that fits 2 or 3 upcoming appointments like smooth calendar.
  14. Koxx

Koxx Well-Known Member

No problem with a 2x2 :)
  15. richgetsy

richgetsy New Member

Would like to see a 1x4 also
  16. Koxx

Koxx Well-Known Member

It can display up to 3 events on 1 day in the 4x1. The form factor of the widget doesn't allow to display more.
  17. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Well-Known Member

I'm looking, not so much for a calendar app as a reminder app. On my PC I use Chameleon clock. It replaces the windows clock with some nice ones. Right click on the clock and it pops up a menu. I click add new, set the date and time, write in some text I want to be reminded of, and it pops up at the set time/date with my note. I'm looking for something like that if there is any such thing.
  18. richgetsy

richgetsy New Member

Any thing new on this update?
  19. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

20. richgetsy

richgetsy New Member

This update
  21. Flatbadger

Flatbadger New Member

All I wanted was a month-at-a-glance and Calendar Pad did it. Thanks to all who recommended it!

Keith
  22. Ky1e.YC

Ky1e.YC Well-Known Member

my choice is pure calendar + Jorte + Astrid. like pure calendar's widget, but Jorte's calendar is really awesome, you can set up a lot details for calender, at last, a fan for RTM, so no other choice but Astrid
  23. Hi Powell,

First off, great looking app. I love the interface, and the dials for setting dates & times.

I've encountered one thing I wanted to let you know of. If I set a reminder via Gemini Calendar, it appears on HTC calendar just fine. But when that reminder activates, pressing the notification sends me straight to the HTC calendar, not Gemini.

Is there a way to resolve this? Is there a way to set Gemini as a Default calendar? I use the Agenda Widget too. Can this be linked directly to gemini rather than the HTC calendar?

Cheers in adv.
  24. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

Agenda widget