Best camera LED flashlight app for IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dandapani

Dandapani Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone recommend a good flashlight app that uses the camera flash LEDs that works with the Incredible?

I miss that functionality. Had it with my Nokia 5800.

I've searched here without much success. Most of the apps I've seen discussed are for other Android phone models.

TIA

Dan

Advertisement
  2. nceagles

nceagles Member

If you are interested in upgrading to the leaked Froyo with working Sense it has a built in flashlight app. It looks like the upgrade of Android will include a flashlight app.

3. veloslave

veloslave Banned

There is to my knowledge no flashlight app that takes advantage of the camera LED's for a stock DINC. If you ROOT the phone then there are plenty of options. I have chosen to hold out for the rumored update to Froyo... until at least when I know for sure it will not happen (and I think it will) and then i will be Rooting this bad boy or using the "in the wild" 2.2 version.

This has been a very discussed subject, a search will give you a lot more answers. First one is free :D

http://androidforums.com/search.php?searchid=2485748

4. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

you can root easily and get the lamppu flashlight app and it's awesome, I only rooted for the flashlight and the wireless tethering ability, but it doesn't always act right.

5. Dandapani

Dandapani Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. That's sad to hear. No flashlight app without rooting. I can wait for the next OS I guess. I d/l a lame "screen" light for the interim.

6. potterdood

I had that for a few weeks, but the led flashlight is SOOO bright, lol, you can blind ppl with it.

7. Bisnicks

Bisnicks Well-Known Member

lol @ n00bs thinking you need to root for this! Just search for Incredible LED flashlight in the market! I've had it for months! It's a bit buggy but if you REALLY need it without rooting, it works!

Here's a QR code that links straight to the app:

[​IMG]

8. potterdood

well I like free....I didn't see 1 for free without rooting, but rooting lets me wireless tether which is cool.