• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Communication App????

Miranda Kay

Lurker
Mar 27, 2014
What is your favorite communication app and why??

I have currently been using Airetalk. The rates are cheap for landline and mobile device calling and the sound quality is great. I also love the text messaging and walkie talkie features offered. I don't think that there is another communication app that offers as many features as offered by Airetalk.

I would love to hear from other users, what is your preferred communication app and why?

Phone and Messaging, They come with the phone, there's no charge to use them, they work with everyone else and after decades of using two way radios, "push to talk" doesn't do anything for me.

Having real instant peer-to-peer push to talk (that means no tower needed - there are some places with no ground-based communications service), with the ability to put the contact choices on the home screen, might interest me. This is a large house, and it would make it easier for my wife and me when we're at opposite ends of the house. Being able to just push a button to ask my daughter if she could pick something up and drop it at my house when she was out would also be nice. But I can live with using a direct dial icon on the homescreen to do it by phone call, and my wife texts with my daughter all day as it is.

The only thing that's not native to the phone that I ever use for any kind of communications is Skype.

Reactions: Miranda Kay
Upvote 0
If I had that problem, I'd bring my VoIP modem down to South America wth me, plug it into my internet connection and nothing would change. Last year I moved from New York to North Carolina - my landline phone number hasn't changed. No matter where I am, if there's a VoIP-capable internet connection, I can keep the same number - no matter what continent I'm on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones