Best File Manager?Support

1. mpg19

mpg19 Member

Just a query really.

What file manager is best to use out there, and reason for that?

Thanks
    Mark

Advertisement
  2. ral

ral Well-Known Member

And popular free app is ES File Manager is a good choice. Plenty of ROM's bundle it, and you can enable root access in the settings.

Personally, I prefer simple file managers. Explorer by Speed Software is my favorite. It comes with a text viewer and editor, md5sum checker and zip utility.

There is a paid version with more tools for rooted users called Root Explorer.

Edited post after checking the free version of Explorer.
    mpg19 likes this.
  3. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Had to correct the post. Shave not used the free app in some time, and some features I thought were in the paid app are available in the free version.
    mpg19 likes this.
  4. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

5. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Astro for normal use.

Now slowly liking and switching to es file explorer
    mpg19 likes this.
  6. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Root Explorer... think I got it in a sale or something! Interestingly though, it's not great on my Acer A500... can't seem to get to External SD... oh well - use something else on the tablet! :)
    mpg19 likes this.
  7. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

I always use ES File Manager.
  8. Dr Hack

Dr Hack Member

I guess you get the answer on, mostly i use ES File-manager
  9. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Chalk up another vote for ES File Manager here.
  10. dwappo7851

dwappo7851 Well-Known Member

ES is the best
  11. CDPlant

CDPlant Guides Guide

El Presidente likes this.
  12. xxkid123

xxkid123 Well-Known Member

ES file explorer is my preferred. I mostly use my file explorers to access files and modify system settings (root)- it's much easier for me to use an all in one file explorer like that. I don't do a lot of unzips, so I don't bother with many zip unzip features that apps like androzip has (can extract a bunch of file formats)

Second that, I used solid explorer and it was quite good.
  13. TheSarge

TheSarge Active Member

Gotta say ES File Manager is the best one.

I used to recommend Astro, but then it's devs tried to turn it into the App equivilent of a swiss army knife, and it (of course) into bloatware.

I also like AirDroid because it lets you work with & transfer your files using the larger screen of your PC right over your WiFi router! You gotta love that.