• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best hardware customer support?

Yup. It was a good four or more feet from the toilet. Even more ridiculous is the fact that I have the Otterbox case, so it's pretty easy to grip.

dan330, I know you're LOLing because you don't believe the story, but it's cool. Don't be jealous that awesome things happen to my suicidal devices and not yours. :p

Upvote 0
You're a very grumpy, sarcastic individual. You should have a little more fun with life. :)

Anyways. I might stick with iPhone. Especially with the security issues of Android lately. And the low hardware support. The iPhone Dev Team (responsible for jailbreaking) are getting better and better, and I think I may just go that route.

Plus, I've never met a grumpy Apple user that tries to have fun at the expense of others. Thanks for opening my eyes. :)

Upvote 0
Roze (btw my iPhone doesn't like your name :p),
Your iPhone is name Roze :thinking:

The toilet thing is a funny story actually...

I walked into the bathroom, pulled my phone out of my pocket so it wouldn't fall in, and somehow the phone flew across the bathroom and did a slam dunk into the toilet. Haha.
You need a lenard on your next device!

Plus, I've never met a grumpy Apple user that tries to have fun at the expense of others. Thanks for opening my eyes. :)
Don't mind Dan, he's pretty harmless and if you stay and get to know him, you'll find he's pretty funny :D Well most people here actually ;)

If you're going to stay with iPhone, whatever rocks your boat, lol.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
for a guy...
that is sooo..... not straight.
OK...I spelt it wrong >_>;;; I can't spell it and Google won't help :( It's also called a wrist strap lol

Something like this:
Make-your-own-iPod-iPhone-wrist-strap-for-five-.jpg

Update: OK, got the spelling: Lanyard!!! :D I wasn't too off with the spelling...

Upvote 0
Just asking, I mean why bring your phone into the bathroom anyway, you gonna talk while taking a shit?:p

Why do people read magazines when they sit on the toilet? Well, the smartphone is the metro guy's magazine. Haha.

Really, though, it happened at work. And I work with developmentally disabled adults, some of which are known to steal things. Plus, who do you know that says, "Man, I gotta use the facilities... Better leave my phone out here."

Haha

Upvote 0
Why do people read magazines when they sit on the toilet? Well, the smartphone is the metro guy's magazine. Haha.

Really, though, it happened at work. And I work with developmentally disabled adults, some of which are known to steal things. Plus, who do you know that says, "Man, I gotta use the facilities... Better leave my phone out here."

Haha
Yea I can see where your coming from at work or public place, I was referring more to home. ;)

Upvote 0
I'm fairly sure replacement POLICY is about the same for any carrier/manufacturer... but what it really comes down to is who you talk to when you're trying to replace the phone. Employees kind of do whatever they feel like doing everywhere.

Not once did I speak to customer/technical support. I just went online, logged in, submitted a repair/replacement ticket, printed out the shipping label, and sent it off. :)

But yes, I agree, I'm sure it depends on the service person and the case. Like I said before, Apple did not have proof that my phone was dropped, so they didn't see a reason not to replace it. And the water damage must have been the one time grace replace that a lot of people assume exists.

For what it's worth, I've read that Apple replaces with refurbished phones. So it's not really too much skin off their backs to just throw them off to a customer. Plus, they're the number one smartphone producer in volume. So they must have some laying around. Heh.

Upvote 0
Well, after a lot of issues with my iPhone and iTunes (the worst piece of software ever for Windows), Apple is, yet again, replacing my iPhone. :) With 84 days left on my 2 year AppleCare warranty, I couldn't be happier.

See topic for my iPhone/iTunes issue: Backup/Restore/Sync issues (Win7, latest iOS and iTunes)

This is the first time I've ever had issues with my iPhone that were not caused by me. The best thing about Apple replacing this one, is that it's all based on my word. I went to the Apple Store two days in a row, then today, called tech support (they're American!), and told them what's going on. They had me try a couple different things, then told me to go to the Apple Store for a new one tomorrow. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones