• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best photo resizing app for my needs?

ZepTepi

Android Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2011
San Diego, CA
I know this question has been asked before but most of the threads I could find are at least a year old or older so I thought it was worth asking a new.

I use my android smartphone a lot for work including sending pics via my gmail app. Can I get some opinions on the best photo resizing apps that would do the following?

• Allow for resizing of multiple pics for a particular email.
  • Will allow for thumbnail views in a recipients email.
  • Creates the resized pic in a file format that will work for all recipients of my emails.
  • Is easy to use.
I have used 2 apps up to this point, Photo Resize and Reduce Photo Size. I stopped using Photo Resize after finding no way to use it for more than one pic per email. I like the ease of use of Reduce Photo Size but would like to be able to choose, resize, & attach multiple pics at one time rather than having to do so with each pic individually. Also, I occasionally have email recipients tell me they can't view the pics I've sent them. Doesn't happen frequently but it can be a pain in the butt when it does. I have also noticed that some of the pics I've sent refuse to show a thumbnail preview. I know this because I occasionally include myself as a recipient just to check how my attached pics come through.

What photo resizing app do you use that might fit my requirements?

Thank you to all who respond! :)

I do all my photo editing in Paintnet on my computer, so I can't give you an app for the phone, but
Will allow for thumbnail views in a recipients email.
That's up to the recipient's email program or app. It also depends on the picture's file format.
Creates the resized pic in a file format that will work for all recipients of my emails.
No. The recipient has to have an app or program that can display that format. Again - it's decided on the recipient's end.
Is easy to use.
That depends on you. Anything you know is easy. Most apps aren't too complicated, the problem is that a lot of apps aren't complicated enough (they don't do enough - and each function added to an app makes it more complicated).

I stopped using Photo Resize after finding no way to use it for more than one pic per email.
That's because you're using a graphic program that's not command-line driven. A command=line program can usually take multiple arguments but you have to learn to run it from a terminal, it's not point and click. You type in the command, including the path to each picture and its filename.

Also, I occasionally have email recipients tell me they can't view the pics I've sent them.
Probably because there's something wrong with the picture or because you're sending a file format they can't read. "Picture" isn't a file format.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones