Best price for extended battery?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

I am finally breaking down and considering getting an extended battery. Yes, I missed the deal early on when VZW had them on sale.

Right now, I'm not seeing a better price on them than through HTC on Amazon at $26.84.
    Amazon.com: HTC Rezound Extended Battery with Door - HTC Rezound: Cell Phones & Accessories

I see that threads about the extended battery pricing are >6 months old. I was wondering if anyone had a current vendor deep in the bowls of the internet that had them for any cheaper. Since I'll also be getting the Otterbox case for the extended battery, I'm looking to save some $$. THANKS!

Advertisement
  2. ssurfer

ssurfer Active Member

That's not too much different from vzw's deal. 25-30 after 50% off + tax
    Colchicine likes this.
  3. lowlyworm

lowlyworm Well-Known Member

Tell us more about the Otterbox case for use with the extended battery!

I understood there wasn't one, and that you had to cut it up to accommodate the extended battery.
  4. Colchicine

lowlyworm, I had saved the listing in Amazon and went back today to grab the link. Imagine my surprise when I realize I made it all up. Apparently it was just the regular Otterbox case and I can't figure WHAT I saw that made me think they made one for the extended battery. That's a FAIL on my part, sorry.
  5. lowlyworm

lowlyworm Well-Known Member

If you are looking for an extended battery case, after breaking my 3rd VZW extended battery case holster combo, I tried a Seido active case holster with a VZW silicone shell. Works great. There is a slight amount of play between the holster and phone. It can click a little bit when walking, but not bad at all for my use.
    Colchicine likes this.
  6. Colchicine

I've been using an Otterbox and after 6 months one of the tabs broke that hold the phone to the holster. Otterbox sent me a new one under warranty. I'm thinking that since I have an extra case now, I'll modify it like how I've seen others do by cutting out the hard plastic back of the Otterbox and try it that way.

I was at a conference on Saturday and I required relatively heavy use during the day and my battery needed to be charged twice. I have Juice Defender on "extreme" and I had to start turning off GPS, auto syncing, etc to get through the rest of the day. I'm going to have to get this ext battery for sure.