• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best price for extended battery?

I am finally breaking down and considering getting an extended battery. Yes, I missed the deal early on when VZW had them on sale.

Right now, I'm not seeing a better price on them than through HTC on Amazon at $26.84.
Amazon.com: HTC Rezound Extended Battery with Door - HTC Rezound: Cell Phones & Accessories

I see that threads about the extended battery pricing are >6 months old. I was wondering if anyone had a current vendor deep in the bowls of the internet that had them for any cheaper. Since I'll also be getting the Otterbox case for the extended battery, I'm looking to save some $$. THANKS!

I've been using an Otterbox and after 6 months one of the tabs broke that hold the phone to the holster. Otterbox sent me a new one under warranty. I'm thinking that since I have an extra case now, I'll modify it like how I've seen others do by cutting out the hard plastic back of the Otterbox and try it that way.

I was at a conference on Saturday and I required relatively heavy use during the day and my battery needed to be charged twice. I have Juice Defender on "extreme" and I had to start turning off GPS, auto syncing, etc to get through the rest of the day. I'm going to have to get this ext battery for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones