Best Rogers phone?

Last Updated:

1. Xeon06

Xeon06 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey folks,

I am the unhappy owner of an HTC Dream. Y'all probably know about the upgrading issues and whatnot, and my other concern being that it was my only platform I could listen to music on and now I broke my earphones, and they're strapped with a stupid custom usb port that I can't find earphones or adapters for anywhere near Ottawa. Anyways.

I was going to order a Nexus One tomorrow, and I am incredibly angry at the news that there's none left. So I'm in the business for a new phone. I'm still stuck with Rogers for a while though, so I was wondering, apart from the N1, what other Android phones are good with Rogers? Any upcoming ones?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. XBrav

XBrav Well-Known Member

Hey Xeon,

I suppose it is a matter of opinion. I was listening to the AndroidGuys podcast tonight, and they were RAVING about the Galaxy S. It will definitely be worth waiting for, compared to the current selection.

I have an HTC Dream as well, and I must say, I feel like I'd be settling with most of the phones Rogers has to offer right now. Really, I think it's mostly because of the QWERTY keyboard VS virtual keyboards. The X10 Mini is too small IMO.

From what I've read, you may be able to get a GOOGLE N1, which is the developer version of the Nexus One, if you sign up as a Dev for $25. The plus side is that it's rooted at shipment.

If you are in need of a headphone adapter, just Google "HTC headphone adapter". Here is one of the cheap eBay listings I came across, no endorsement intended:
    HTC Headphone Adapter

That'll be quite a bit cheaper than buying a new phone outright.

3. Xeon06

Xeon06 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply!

The Galaxy S sure sounds amazing but I see no indication anywhere that it will be on Rogers. In fact, the only carrier info I could find is that it's gonna be Bell exclusive :(.

I'll look into the dev thing, but now you've given me the desire to wait a bit and see if Rogers can't get something like the Galaxy S. The Nexus One had been unparalleled up to this, so that's why I was ordering one, but now, it's a whole new game.

Oh and thanks for the link to the adapter, that might do in the meantime.

4. KyleB

KyleB Well-Known Member

Re the headphone issue, I had the same problem, I had lost mine. You can order replacement head phones over the internet. google search for htc depot.

5. Saeros

Saeros Active Member

6. XBrav

XBrav Well-Known Member

Xeon, you are going to love me.

A new root method came out today for our phone. And it works. I am giggling. I'll give you the link to the procedure when my article gets posted :) I did it in an hour today :D:D:D

CyanogenMod 5.0.8

7. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

i had the htc dream. TERRIBLE brick of a phone. get a x10~!

8. Saeros

Saeros Active Member

9. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

really? It might seem like a huge jump from a Dream but as shipped the Galaxy is a huge disappointment. However that's easily fixed by dumping the shipped rom and going with a more pure 2.2 rom. The hype that was (is) around the Galaxy S is not from people that have lived with this phone for a while. Great spec, horrible software but fixable with a better rom.