• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Sports App?

Live Scores

Developer is over in this thread taking comments
http://androidforums.com/android-applications/195247-android-live-scores.html

Widget is due next release.

I deleted sportstap because they didn't respond to support emails and the fact that they'd send the same score notification multiple times. I found it really annoying to see a score update, then look a few minutes later to think there was another score only to find out they send me the same update over in error.

Upvote 0
I don't use score notifications or widgets, but I use a combination of Sportstap and Live Scores. I hit Sportstap when I need bulk information in a single window (e.g. I can see all the NFL screens with minimal scrolling and have my favorite teams highlighted at the top), and Live Scores when I need more granular information, and their live updates are good.

I wish someone would make a scores widget that will display multiple "favorite" teams or multiple games that are on. All of the widgets I've seen are just one game at a time, and make you press up or down arrows to see other games. I'd like a 4x3 widget that would display 3 games at once. Or, better, a scrollable widget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones