• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best video player?

h_zee13

Dec 29, 2009
I've looked everywhere and i can't find the answer so i'm opening a new thread.

I'm trying to watch movies and videos on my Hero. the native video player plays them fine, but the only problem is that everytime do something else on the phone and then i return to the video, it starts from the beginning.
And as you all know, fast forwarding on the native video player isn't very easy and specially if its a 2 hour movie.

so is there any other video players that will do what i want?
I know the G1 has the "Cinema" app, but are there any for the Hero?

i use the cinema app on my hero just fine

its a good fuss free player (only mp4) and remembers where you got to and restarts at that point when you next play the vid.

it also seems much smoother than other players and less prone to jerkiness.

im not sure why you havnt searched for this app in the market as you allready know about it.

Upvote 0
I've looked everywhere and i can't find the answer so i'm opening a new thread.

I'm trying to watch movies and videos on my Hero. the native video player plays them fine, but the only problem is that everytime do something else on the phone and then i return to the video, it starts from the beginning.
And as you all know, fast forwarding on the native video player isn't very easy and specially if its a 2 hour movie.

so is there any other video players that will do what i want?
I know the G1 has the "Cinema" app, but are there any for the Hero?

Apps that work on G1 will also work on the hero :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones