• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better battery life on HTC Hero.

Hi everyone!

Im new. Thought i would join and share a tip. I hope it helps you guys, its well intended! :)

(Please read whole post, not just first bit. :thinking:)

First of all, switch off the non essentials. I don't need constant weather, emails, twitter or facebook. So i switched of location services, gps, 3g and wifi. (All these are controlled through widgets or shortcuts should i need them.) Most forums mention the above, so i wont go into detail.

Aparantly there is a bug on some phones in the software that keeps the "dailer" running after you send a sms. Some claim if they kill the "messages" task, phone battery lasts longer.

See the below link:
Sprint HTC Hero battery problem acknowledged | HTC Hero | T-Mobile G2 Touch Blog

So what to do?

Simple, install this app:
Automatic Task Killer v1.0.3 Application for Android | Tools

Search for it in the appstore. Basically, you run the app and select all the applications on your phone you want to kill (like messages), and when the phone enter sleep mode, it kills those apps automatically. (The screen turning off triggers the "kill apps" signal).

This keeps the phone running "lean". Phone now uses less cpu and memory, so it runs fast and you save battery this way as well. :D

With all the above and light use, my battery lasts about 3 (or a bit more) days!

Will

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones