1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Better Cut .... worth buying?

Last Updated:

1. chaos32

chaos32 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Droid Eris currently running htc sence home screen

I have home++, (which i haven't actually run yet, because I don't have time to sit and mess with it until I get off work)

I read a couple really good reviews of Better Cut but when I went to purchase it from the market, I saw a lot of bad posts saying it doesn't work and was a waste, no support, etc.

Is this just a temp bug or should I not bother wasting my time/money on it

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Absolutely it is worth buying unless you like the default icons for all of your apps. If you use Better Cut you can download icon packs or use pictures from your gallery for icons or do a google search and download icons to use. I haven't had any problems at all with it and I love it. I would recommend it to anyone.

3. negreenfield

negreenfield Well-Known Member

If you're just replacing icons take a look at Folder Organizer Lite. It's free and has that functionality. I'm sure BetterCut may have some other features however so if you're interested in those then continue to look at it.

4. csimms

csimms Member

I was looking to get this today as I wanted to get the minimum icon pack but I hear its not working with 2.2 atm. Can anyone verify?

5. ewmccraw

ewmccraw Member

I have BetterCut and it does not work (at least for me) to change icons for the camera, the camcorder, maps,Google Places,Navigation, and there may be more. I got tired of messing with it. You CAN change the icon for these apps., but when you try to open them you get a "The program this icon is linked to is no longer installed.", or something to that effect.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it, I did what negrenfield suggested and got "FolderOrganizer Lite". It works perfectly.

6. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

7. chaos32

chaos32 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Getting the same problems :/

8. cdk118

cdk118 Active Member

anyone have any help on this issue or who would have the solution?

9. sicRage

sicRage New Member

I have folder organizer lite but it only changes the icons within the folder organizer app itself. am i doing something wrong?:confused:

10. braj

braj Well-Known Member

Folder Organizer Lite causes problems loading other widgets when I reboot my phone. The other apps that behave similarly do this as well. I think Desktop Visualizer is the one to use to switch icons, unless you are looking for the other organizational capabilities of Folder Organizer. I think it must be one of the apps I have installed not loading right within FOL, but it seems more problems than it is worth for me. Creating folders on the desktop is faster and more flexible for me, without causing other issues.

11. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member

BetterCut works perfectly for me. I use it to change icons and rename shortcuts (I hate that icon names don't seem to wrap well). Stock Nexus One running Froyo on T-Mobile US.

12. graff_king

graff_king Well-Known Member

I use Desktop Visualizer and Smart Shortcuts to replace my icons. Visualizer changes the icons and shortcuts allows me to make folders for the apps

mcatdtDROID likes this.
  13. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I do the same, but I use better cut and smart shortcuts

14. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

agreed. The only thing I have found with it is if you move your picture from one folder to another within your gallery.... the next time you reboot your phone, you icon will lose the picture. Annoying at first, but now that I have my picture folders organized.... I'm good

15. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

+1

Also the fact you can have customized widget sizes is tres-cool :D

16. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

If you're on 2.1, you can use LauncherPro or ADW, both have options to customize your apps or any other kind of shortcuts that you have on your phone. Which imo is the same thing that bettercut does.

17. Bronxie

Bronxie Member

Agreed. With Desktop Visualizer you have more options on how you want the icon to look. I wish I would've known about it before buying Bettercut.

18. ErisEscalavee

ErisEscalavee Active Member

I have been using better cut, but I just switched ROMs (now running nonsensikal 8.2 which is a 2.2.1 ROM) and now it doesn't work. I am going to try some of the suggestions mentioned here. Thanks.

19. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

Get full FolderOrganizer, only 0.99euro.