• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

better keyboard + Handcent - No T9?

Fadelight

Android Expert
Oct 29, 2009
Mulberry, FL
I don't know what the deal is here... I am either missing something, or something is broken. I am hoping the former.

I cannot figure out how to get the T9 Keyboard (Better keyboard) in handcent. I have gone into options and unticked the compact qwerty and ticked the T9 keyboard, but it still brings up compact qwerty every time. I can't see any settings in Handcent that would be affecting it.

Anyone have any ideas what I am screwing up?

Mine works. Are you looking for it to automatically pop up in landscape mode? If you swipe left or right on the keyboard it should pull up the alt keyboards.

Edit: there is a sepecific setting "Use T9 keyboard" and above this setting you can set it to default so it pops up everytime you use it.

edit edit: I was just playing around with it, and the T9 functionality is not so great. It does not have a vast dictionary. You may want to try another program.

Upvote 0
Mine works. Are you looking for it to automatically pop up in landscape mode? If you swipe left or right on the keyboard it should pull up the alt keyboards.
No, I am not looking for anything to automatically pop up. Swiping left to right on mine only toggles compact qwerty to symbols.

Edit: there is a sepecific setting "Use T9 keyboard" and above this setting you can set it to default so it pops up everytime you use it.

I realize this, and I have done it. No dice.

edit edit: I was just playing around with it, and the T9 functionality is not so great. It does not have a vast dictionary. You may want to try another program.

I was always ok with better keyboard, but thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones