• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better Thanks count tracker?

I don't see myself as any better Guide or member here than any other who is trying to help or keep things tidy.

The reason I mention that now is that your "look Frisco" and "no offense" impart to me the incorrect interpretation of my remarks that I'm talking down to you and that you need to retaliate. I am not. I come across that way, as I re-read my posts sometimes, because I'm in the habit of trying to say what I feel is "in the background," so to speak, of an issue, and I can be wrong about those things just as often as anybody else can, of course.

One result of doing that is a lingering, sometimes expressed and sometimes not, "Oh thanks for setting all of us straight, professor" or whatever. ;)

I don't blame forum members for feeling that way about my posts on various subjects, it's a risk I seem to take in forums. I apologize if I made you feel bad in my post that you responded to there. :)

Upvote 0
I don't see myself as any better Guide or member here than any other who is trying to help or keep things tidy.

The reason I mention that now is that your "look Frisco" and "no offense" impart to me the incorrect interpretation of my remarks that I'm talking down to you and that you need to retaliate. I am not. I come across that way, as I re-read my posts sometimes, because I'm in the habit of trying to say what I feel is "in the background," so to speak, of an issue, and I can be wrong about those things just as often as anybody else can, of course.

One result of doing that is a lingering, sometimes expressed and sometimes not, "Oh thanks for setting all of us straight, professor" or whatever. ;)

I don't blame forum members for feeling that way about my posts on various subjects, it's a risk I seem to take in forums. I apologize if I made you feel bad in my post that you responded to there. :)

No apology needed, that being said...
'Look':rolleyes:... lol
That was just my polite way of disagreeing with you. Nothing more, nothing less. And it isn't a matter of right and wrong, in this case there is no right and wrong... This is strictly a matter of opinion and our opinions differ. I see a tool and i would like it to function better/how i want it. I am selfish like that. You see something you are completely indifferent about(i think), therefore there's a clash.

I felt like you were making assumptions as to my motivations/reasons and taking me WAY too seriously about the whole thing. I re-read my post a couple times to make sure i am not coming across as accusatory or confrontational (unless i am trying to be, which is VERY rare)

Not gonna comment on how your posts come off as we are all who we are and personalities are as varied as life in the ocean

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones