• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root BH_MAN Recovery w/ ADB Support

since now we have a recovery menu, cant we make roms in a "Update.zip" platform to flash in recovery menu so we dnt have to keep using odin (hence i like to switch back and forth between custom roms and other peoples stuff) also like flash themes in recovery menu via update zip

way ahead of your self there.... it's not that simple..

Upvote 0
since now we have a recovery menu, cant we make roms in a "Update.zip" platform to flash in recovery menu so we dnt have to keep using odin (hence i like to switch back and forth between custom roms and other peoples stuff) also like flash themes in recovery menu via update zip

I don't think BH_Man has that worked out yet. If you look at his list it's something he says is working. Hopefully there will be a way to flash through recovery but I don't think it's happened yet.

Upvote 0
I need somebody that is Good with writing script!
Reason...... Have deleted the recovery went back to old Recovery that was Safe & wont Brick anything, however I can't test the scripts currently & I have the Recovery almost ready for Testing, but the Key functions wont work until I can get it into Testers Hands or until I get another phone...

If you want to Test let me Know....

What should work & wont cause any damage to the Phone is:
- Busybox Sh Running
- Reboot
- Shutdown
- Partition Fat32
- Partition EXT 2
- Partition EXT 3 ( Untested, not sure if the behlod kernel supports it! )
- Partition EXT 4 ( Untested, not sure if the behlod kernel supports it! )
- Partition Swap ( Not Needed, No Support Currently )
- Repair SD EXT
- Mount Sdcard
- Console ( Don't work, No Keyboard LMAO! )

Not Working & Need somebody that has the Time to work on the script & know's there way around the Behold 2 Partition Mounting ( or at least until I can get another Phone! )

- Backup/Restore ( This I will have to contact Amon_RA about )
- Wipe ( Needs the Correct Mounting )
- Other ( Needs the Correct Mounting )
- Update.zip ( This I will have to contact Amon_RA about )

So if you have the Time & the Knowledge, Willing to Share the work to Help speed up the Process..

Thanks,
BH_MAN

Upvote 0
fortunately, i do have the time. unfortunately, i do not have the knowledge, but would like to and am completely willing to learn. unfortunately, it won't be an easy thing to just google for the answers....

i wish i could help BH_MAN....:(

EDIT: I would like to test if possible when it's ready if you're able to get someone else to get the recovery to work...

Upvote 0
fortunately, i do have the time. unfortunately, i do not have the knowledge, but would like to and am completely willing to learn. unfortunately, it won't be an easy thing to just google for the answers....

i wish i could help BH_MAN....:(

EDIT: I would like to test if possible when it's ready if you're able to get someone else to get the recovery to work...

it works :D just not the things listed........ I guess it would be good to release though so People and Format there Sdcard with easy painless commands if there wanting to an easy way to covert to a2sd :D

Or Push stuff into the system to try and port other systems to the phone..

Upvote 0
OK, so I know with all the News going around about us not getting 2.1 and BH\Eugene upgrading his phone. I was wondering if this is still an an going process. The recovery works very well with the newer ROMs (Take5 and R12) minus a few good features. I was wondering if this is still an ongoing project, or with it being this late in game, Has it been scrapped.

Upvote 0
Paul, you need to calm down: BH_Man is doing this for everyone because he WANTS to, not because he HAS to.

He doesn't even work on the Behold II anymore.

Please be more considerate to the people who are working on this phone.

It was out of excitement, I was quicly letting him know that the kernel has been posted. I know that its his choice rere!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones