• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Black screen/Message error

gamebot69

Lurker
Aug 11, 2014
Hello, I am a week old user of my new Samsung galaxy note 3.
Here are two different issues I am experiencing.
First Text messages: I start a new message to a created contact, and will begin typing it into the window. The vibration of the phone will indicate, that I am typing, so will autocorrect, but no message will actually appear in the message box. Has happened at least half a dozen times, very annoying and I would really like to get a solution without using 3rd party apps.

Second screen going black, this will happen randomly weather Im playing a game having an app open (a random one each time), sliding my finger across the screen to unlock the phone, the screen will go black, while the option/cancel button will stay lit up. No matter what combination of me hitting the middle button or the power button on the top right the screen will stay black fro different periods of time. It does make a noise sometimes, if I had a program open. I talked to a co-worked who made a good point, its the sensor acting up which turns off the screen when you are talking on the phone. But how can that happen, if Im not covering up the devices sensor and there is light that hits the sensor?

Please help me out, b/c in an emergency it makes this device useless! I DONT want to go back to apple!:mad:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones