• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blackberry Bold 9700 to HTC Aria?

1. battery was done for me in about 7-8 hours, but I kept playing with it for that long. Task killing here and there, wifi and bluetooth were on.

Hmm... Mine lasted me all day yesterday and I had an idle time of 6%. I did keep bluetooth off the whole time and GPS was off for the majority of the day.

2. Screen is kinda on the small side and somethings arent the easiest to view. Like the twitter stream for example. I think it looked bigger on my smaller blackberry bold screen

I haven't noticed any issues seeing things on the screen but I do have pretty good eyesight. Depending on the app you might be able to go into the settings by hitting the widget to open it up full screen then hit Menu->Settings and adjust the text size.

3. The only other thing which has been mentioned in a couple of threads here is future proof, but honestly by that time, I"m just picking up another device with an early upgrade if I do indeed stay with the Aria. With that said, future proof, specs wise, I'm noticing some video play back to be choppy like ustream viewer for example and some flash video on sites like espn. I'm not sure if thats because of a slower processor or what. My 3G connection is strong. Will Froyo fix this?

I can't say for sure what the issue is but I do know that despite good 3G connections video looks like shit unless your on wifi.

4. In my gmail account, when there are supposed to be embedded pics, not all of them are showing up even when I click show. Some do some dont. It seems buggy, not sure if its the HTC sense interfering? How do you disable HTC sense btw, just for testing purposes.

I'll get back to you on turning Sense off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones