• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blackberry Ringtones/Notifications/Alarms...get 'em while they're hot!

This is great, thank you! I'm a new android user and I miss the ringtone I was using on the blackberry. One problem though - on my HTC incredible it just rings continuously - there is never any pause in the sound so its pretty annoying. Is there anyway to change this? To have the phone play the ringtone every 4 seconds or whatever instead of just playing the file continuously?

Upvote 0
If you want a notification as a ringtone or alarm or vice versa I believe you need to make a copy of the sound file and put a copy of it in the folder that you want to use it. At least thats what I had to do for MP3s I wanted to use as my alarm sound. I found this easier than using an app. (well other than Astro I mean).

Upvote 0
I, like others here, am going through the "painful" process of Blackberry to Droid.. THANK YOU for the ringtones I was desparately missing, and the instructions on how to get them working (hopefully) on my droid. However, like someone else, there are some missing that I would really love.. I had a BB Tour.. The ones I want are (and I would be glad to get them off my BB if you could tell me how!) - BBRelaxed_Gong; BBPro_Sanguine; BBPro_Confirm; If anybody can help me get this it would be hugely appreciated. Also - thanks for all the info on the Droid Apps for Sound Profiles etc. AND - I have found an App called Light Flow - which does LED colors and repeating alerts. It's not quite Berry Buzz, but it has potential. I just got my Droid so I am really a Droid Noob......... Anyway, hopefully someone can get me the other BBerry sounds/ringtones that I want - or tell me how... if it's not too hard! Thanks everyone..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones