• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps blank Eclipse window

dickthedev

Jul 10, 2012
Hi, I am new to Eclipse, I installed Eclipse Juno 4.2.0. When I start it, it just comes up with a blank window without the panes. Looks like the attached image I tried all the menu items to no avail. What am I doing wrong?:thinking:

Attachments

• blankEclipse.png
    blankEclipse.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 61
Try going to Window -> Open Perspective and looking for the Java perspective. If it isn't there, then you need to install the Java plugins by going to Help->Install New Software, selecting the correct link from the drop down (should be something like http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo), and then selecting Eclipse Java Development Tools from the Programming Languages section.

Upvote 0
Try going to Window -> Open Perspective and looking for the Java perspective. If it isn't there, then you need to install the Java plugins by going to Help->Install New Software, selecting the correct link from the drop down (should be something like indigo Software Repository), and then selecting Eclipse Java Development Tools from the Programming Languages section.

Thanks for the reply. I lost my patience so I installed Indigo instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones