• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to make a copy of an Android Studio Project

I'm trying to make a copy of an Android Studio Project. I did this once before in this project and it worked just fine. Basically I'm making a certain amount of successful progress on the project and then want to make a new copy of the project and work on that copy. And in case something goes seriously wrong with the subsequent work I'll have the prior version to go back to.

The problem is that I'm getting an error when trying to make a copy of my current version of the project.

As I had previously done, I right-click on the project, select Refactor, and then Copy Classes.

1688934990655.png

That brings up a dialog where I slightly change the name (make 03 instead of 02) and I hit OK.

That starts the copy process and it goes through a whole slew of directories and folders but then an error message pops up:

1688935158110.png

And the copying stops. The copying FAILS.

I check that directory and, indeed there's no such file. But why is it even looking for that file if no such file exists?

I had previously succeeded with doing this kind of project copy. Why is it failing now?

Is there a different way to make a copy of a project?

Attachments

• 1688934967715.png
    1688934967715.png
    229 KB · Views: 34

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones