• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tns debug/build android returned with unexpected error (Nativescripts)

Dev_wannabe

Lurker
Jul 31, 2023
Before I proceed, let me explain that I am recently employed into this new company as a junior IT support. I mainly do hardware with very2 little programming knowledge. Recently my company upgraded to a newer server and we have changed the location of the databases. However our apps are still pointing towards the old server url/location. I have been in contact with the app developers on how to change the configuration of the apk; in which it needs to be decompiled. They are engaged in a big project and was unable to assist me at this moment. Instead, they have given me the whole folder containing all the source code (Shown in the screenshot).

Screenshot 2023-08-01 223228.png

I was asked to:-

1. Change the URL setting in on of the config.ts file contained in the res folder - done -
  2. Recompile everything to APK so that the 'new' apk can be installed on our mobile android devices.
Upon reading the README file in the folder, it is obvious I am supposed to rebuild this apk app using nativescript. Please see screenshots:-

Screenshot 2023-08-08 172327.png

Screenshot 2023-08-08 172441.png

My questions / Issues :-

1. I have done the steps required in the README file such as:-
    a. Install [node js] (https://nodejs.org/dist/v10.15.1/node-v10.15.1-x64.msi). Make sure to use version > v10 LTS (I am now using ver v12.22.12)
    b. Install Nativescript CLI using git bash
    npm install -g nativescript
    Done
    c. Install Java SE Development Kit 8u201 Done
    d. Install [Android Studio] (Download Android Studio & App Tools - Android Developers) Done
    e. Create android emulator. Done
    f. Clone this repository. <---- How is this done correctly? Do I copy the whole project folder and place it under an active working folder to generate the apk app? Please advise
  2. Do I run the .sh script PRIOR to running the related commands in tns such as 'tns android build' / 'tns android debug'?
  3. I did a tns debug android using command prompt (Admin rights) in the folder path and received :-
Screenshot 2023-08-08 174524.png

1. I also did tns doctor just to check my configurations are correct or otherwise:-
    Screenshot 2023-08-08 174756.png
I DID refer back to the developer of this app, however he did not have any comments rather than the android apk was created using nativescript (duh!). I have also send him the exact same question here however he is not replying as prompt as I expected. Would appreciate if anyone with the expertise could assist and guide me moving forward. Many thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones