Bloatware free, rooted version of new 2.2 leak available at XDA

Last Updated:

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have not tried it yet, but thinking of going for it, rather than getting rid of the bloat through terminal commands. ADDED: Please read the top of the thread in the link. You will need a 2.X radio and s-off through unrevoked forever.

edit: new location for it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=766223

Then again, I may wait for adrynalyne to add usb tether and other goodies... You know he will :)

Then again, this one is available now...

Advertisement
    GrandMasterB, appleaj, Pfilly and 2 others like this.
  2. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

You DOG! I was just coming over here to post that! :) Tight work, rushmore!
    I'm starting the process now. Will report when finished. Going from complete stock with only first official OTA.

3. Spart

Spart Well-Known Member

I think you both are a little late :(

4. rushmore

How? There are posts for rooted versions of the rom, but I have not seen one for a bloatware free one.

Maholo, you need to read the beginning post of the thread. I think you need to be unrevoked forever (s-off) and have a 2.X radio.

5. Spart

Spart Well-Known Member

Oh my bad..didn't read it enough to see that part! Thanks bro!

6. rushmore

That is cool, but I hope that since our friend has looked at the linked post already, he also reviewed the thread and knows he needs unrevoked forever and a 2.X radio.

7. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Removing the stuff and customizing the rom the way you want is half the fun.

Plus you can just move or delete apps easily in root explorer. I just got rid of about 25+ apps today in litteraly 10 minutes.

8. Spart

Spart Well-Known Member

Lets hope!!

9. mobiledevice

mobiledevice Well-Known Member

is this hosted anywhere but megauploads? Work firewall blocks it.

10. rushmore

Is it one click or a bunch commands? Could you give me an example of the process? Thx

11. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

OK. This thing is screamin...:D

Deodexed Stock 2.2 ROM [ROM] Incredible Froyo 3.21.605.1 *Likely-to-be Official OTA* (100% stock, rooted) - Page 15 - xda-developers
    Set CPU with http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/156801-ultimate-performance-battery-life.html settings
    KiNgxKernel BFS#1 [KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS] [BFS] [OC] [UV] KiNgxKernel #1/#3 "This is BFS" - xda-developers
    Removed Bloatware from Remove bloatware from HTC Droid Incredible 2.2 - Technology - Jonamerica.com, including CITY ID, VZ Nav, HTC Mail, VZ CD ROM, Amazon MP3

3 Quadrants: 1488, 1497, 1487
    3 Linpack: 34.613, 36.801, 39.812

Good thing I have 2 finals and a paper to write that I am totally paying attention to right now...:eek:

Mahalo likes this.
  12. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

Worked like a charm. Will post more when I get home and can mess with it but it is time to get outta the office for now!

13. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Well you can take a look at my thread for removing apps on the front page (just bumped it)

Or you can go into Root Explorer and mount r/w, click on system, apps, and choose to "move" whatever apps you want to a disabled folder (create one first)

After a reboot the app is gone and if you have problems or want to move it back you can just reverse the process and after a rebot you are all set again.

14. yankeeboy

15. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

LOL That guy copy and pasted my guide. :p Cool that he gave me credit but to ask for a donation next to it...Hmmm. Guess I am flattered. :)

16. yankeeboy

Oh snap...that's f'd up....I remember reading on his site about a month ago that he had something like 30K hits and wanted some cash...sorry dude, much respect your way.

Long live STRONG ISLANDhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMjpppudNkk! I know your from Suffolk, but this is pretty funny, eh?

17. rushmore

I appreciate it, but seems the app would be easier than typing all of that stuff ;) Or just using the bloat free one :)

Seriously, there is enough line code there to make a decent Commodore 64 game ;) In basic, of course.

18. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

It really goes very fast just copy and paste. And if you are on a deodexed rom you leave out every other line because it doesn't exist.

But in the end you end up in the same place. :) I just like to do it myself because I don't want to get stuck if that rom removes stuff that I actually use.

19. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

20. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

LMAO my eyes!

21. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

That was PAINLESS. The instructions are so simple that if you blow it you really shouldn't even have one of these phones.

22. yankeeboy

I did the same thing with Frankenrom on mine.

23. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I've been removing bloat left and right with Titanium. Talk about easy...just need to make sure it's things you absolutely want to get rid of but that's what nand backups are for.

24. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Everything work out okay for you? And should I use Nandroid before all of this?

25. johnbrain

johnbrain Well-Known Member

Frankenrom B5 and 6 are great. I'm going to give this a try just because we can.