Block a certain incoming phone numberTips

1. micallen

micallen Well-Known Member

Is there a way to block a certain incoming phone number on the Droid X? I have one that is DRIVING ME CRAZY !!!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Well-Known Member

I think you can do it from your acct page or call Customer Service....
  3. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

Open Contacts app>>>click on contact>>>click menu hard button>>>options>>>check Incoming calls

that will send any phone calls from that number directly to voice mail
  4. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

and you can go to your Verizon account page, and block, I think its 6, phone numbers. Did that with my mom-in-law (at the request of my wife LOL). I think it stays blocked for 6 months, and then you have to reblock it.
  5. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

There are also a number of call blocker apps out there. Just do a search in the market for call blocker. Another app that I just downloaded is called Touchpal dialer. I downloaded it for the dialer part of it, but it looks like it has a call blocker built into it. In the menu you can add phone numbers to a black or white list to block them from calling you. You can set it to just hang up on them or to just make the ringer silent.
  6. micallen

micallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies !!
  7. CharlesLewis

CharlesLewis Well-Known Member

I set up a "Junk" contact and save all telemarketer calls to that. I have it set that all calls to that number go directly to voice mail. Works like a charm.
  8. ToXicBlonde

ToXicBlonde Member

I use "YouMail" with droid it also has "Who are you" you can block numbers and texts with and it's free....have use it for years on Blackberry iPhone and now this Droid X
  9. santangelo

santangelo Active Member

You rock -- that's an awesome idea. Thanks!