• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blocked Callers

strewelpeter

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
I have somehow managed to block a couple of important numbers so that when they call me I see a little message showing 'Blocked xxxxxxxxxx' where xxxx is the calling number popping up for a second, then the normal call history shows missed calls from the blocked numbers.

Block Caller is Off in the Options for the contact on the blocked numbers.

So I have been experimenting. My whole contacts are a mess with the same number coming up under several names I have tried to delete any extraneous contacts and unlink from skype / facebook etc. with the same number but for one of them there is a contact that I can't find an option to delete - the menu does not have a delete option but it does have options : All, link, Send Contact, Save to SIM and Set Speed Dial - I don't understand why I am not allowed remove it but however I have been able to remove the details of that contact by editing the name and number so now when the blocked number calls in the contact details that was previously associated with the number no longer pops up but the generic unknown contact screen and the number pops up instead.

This implies that it is the actual number itself rather than a contact that is blocked somewhere.

There is a blocked callers app which had no numbers listed and no call history.
I can block and unblock numbers manually using the block caller option in contacts or the blocked callers app. When I deliberately block a number I do not see the contact popping up with the same "Blocked :xxxxxxxxx" message as is happening with the numbers I'm having the problem with.

My network provider say they have nothing that will block callers on the way in so the issue must be on the phone somewhere.

Any ideas where or how these numbers are getting blocked ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones