• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Blocking the OTA updates from Sprint

I'm not the best person to answer this but I'll take a stab at it. I believe if super user is installed as a system app it shouldn't be removed from a factory reset. A factory reset removes all user apps and settings and makes the phone appear as it did when brand new.

You should be able to make a CWM backup, and then do a factory reset from within CWM not in the phone's settings menu. You'll have a baackup if anything goes wrong. If you don't have CWM yet, and do a reset in the phone settings menu it will work but I'm not sure if you'll lose root or not.

Upvote 0
Alright. install CWM then make a back up then do my testing. Worst case scenario I have to reinstall CWM and restore the backup.

Also, since I'm on 2.3.4 and the most current up-to-date CWM is for 2.3.6 (are the versions of CWM specific to the OS version of the phone?) should i use that one?

Use the new CWM. It works fine with 2.3.4 and fixes a lot of bugs.

Reactions: xxbones21xx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones