Bluestacks success stories?

Last Updated:

1. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Post your successes...

I tried wine (fool) but that failed. Read the wine db and it simply list it as "garbage".

I found that quite funny.

Win 7 work pc, ran once then broke. Error when restart. Even broken ran CPU at 50%, permanently.

Win 7 vm, wouldn't work either. Error when restarting

Good start. I'm pretty jaded about it right now, but wondering how its going for every one else.

2. SUroot

So out of the 376 people who read this thread, none of you successfully got Bluestacks working?
  3. CFAND

CFAND Member

Well.. it works on my Win7 starter laptop(quite laggy) and my win7 Ultimate... buggy thought...
  4. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

It work fine! No issue.
  5. CFAND

CFAND Member

but the cloud sync is slow or their server is not good enough...
  6. SUroot

Cloud sync was alright when I ran that bit on my Work pc, until it broke.
  7. bllckryn

bllckryn New Member

i have bluestacks on my win 7 laptop 64 bit. with root access.
  8. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

saneme here on a VM
  9. mrast

mrast Well-Known Member

I have had no problem running bluestack on my 6yo toshiba satellite w/ xp
  10. Beber

Beber New Member

got the same issue, works fine on Win Xp, but on Win 7, it worked once (right after the install) but after restarting it or rebooting the machine, it keeps crashing (HD-RunApp.exe is here, and everytime I try to start Bluestacks a new RunApp appears...but nothing shows up)
    IT'S ANNOYIIIIING (I tried on 2 computers with Win 7, i'll try on more)
  11. Beber

Beber New Member

come on Bluestacks doesnt work on Win7, I never managed to get it work....(except right after the install...) ANYONE ELSE ???
  12. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

Weird...mine is win7 and working well...didn't do anything except installing the software directly...
  13. Beber

Beber New Member

well i have to point out a detail, all the computer on which bluestacks wasnt working were laptops...on regular computer it works fine....

so...any clue on why it would crash using laptops???
  14. LfcFan1977

LfcFan1977 Well-Known Member

1. HP (old) laptop, WinXP - Latest Beta
    2. Acer (new) laptop, Win7 - Latest Beta
    3. Acer (new) laptop, Win7 - Beta
    4. Acer (new) laptop, Win7 - Beta ROOTED

Some apps incompatible due to poor graphics card.

Better graphics card = more compatible apps.
    Only tried a few apps, ADW launcher (worked well but lost all widgets after a restart, Met Office weather (crashes quite often on all 4 options), Tiny Village game (Runs well but no way in the game to log into account and without root, no way to hack my way through to it).

To many pre-installed apps for my liking. I suppose they can just be uninstalled but after a few restarts, new apps appear.

Google Play Store displays very little app content. Most of which that are there are incompatible, possibly due to the device version.
    Enlarged sdcard to 5gb with no problems.
    Annoyingly, some apps can see and use files (like images and music) stored in Win7 folders but the Android apps like ES file explorer can't, so I could only adb push files (like apk's and folders) into BlueStacks.

All 4 options.
    Can not figure out how to sign in to previously registered email address in the set-up.
    BlueStacks froze a number of times.
    BlueStacks cloud sync did not work.
    Using ADW launcher, couldn't get wallpapers and live wallpapers to use landscape dimensions.
  15. socoolrohan

socoolrohan Member

anybody facing this app crash issue. It always shows whenever u start this app

Attached Files:

16. hilim

hilim New Member

i douwnload this program: bluestacks app player vor windows 8. but it does'nt accept the program viber, whatsapp and tango. can you help me pleas. i don't now the problem.

thank you.
  17. psionandy

psionandy Well-Known Member

Working fine for me, on a win7 32 bit laptop...

... although it is bit slow and clunky.. and i can't really think of much to do with it (it seemed a good idea at the time)
  18. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

I use it to play Draw Something on my computer.
  19. SUroot

Tapatalk ;)
    psionandy likes this.
  20. Aluxian

Aluxian Active Member

I installed it few days ago and I'm impressed, it's much faster than my gnex. However, there's still work to be done.
  21. LfcFan1977

LfcFan1977 Well-Known Member

22. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

Runs fine (Win7 Pro Desktop box AMD Phenom ll x4, 8Gb DDR3 ASrock Mobo). I've only played with it a bit up to now. But I plan to use it to test some Apps I'm planning on weiting later in the year.
  23. Shagalag1981

Shagalag1981 Member

In the sync menu there's a check box for syncing text msg's, has anyone got this too happen? I can't.
  24. PsyMega

PsyMega Well-Known Member Developer

I can confirm bluestacks works for me.

AMD 990FX Mobo
    2 AMD Radeon 7750s CrossFired
    AMD FX 6120 6 core
    8GB DDR3 Gskill Ram
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit