• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Application that works with the Car Dock

You are correct. They do automatically connect if both Bluetooth devices are turn on. I was talking about an app that would automatically turn the functionality from off to on and then connect. That would be great! It's kind of a hassle to turn the Bluetooth on and off when not in use. It's a good battery drainer.

Upvote 0
I am assuming you plug your phone to be charged when in the car. Use Locale... Make a setting that turns on BT whenever the phone is plugged in. I also have this setting turn on WiFi and GPS since I am not concerned about battery drain.

My only problem is the Droid does not automatically pair with my BT adapter in my car unless I unplug the adapter and plug it back in when BT is on on the phone. That an the sound hiccups every so often. Those are probably glitches that will be fixed in Dec though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones