• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Audio Dropout on V30

I got my V30 some time ago (two years ago?). When I got it from ATT it worked great and specifically BT Audio worked flawlessly with my BT headset and with various BT speakers and my car BT audio.

At some point a few months after I got it ATT pushed a Android version update for the V30. This was officially pushed by ATT I don't side load anything.

After that Android version update my V30 BT audio has audio drop outs every 20-30 seconds (drop lasts ~1/2 sec). The drop is not on a regular cadence but it happens on all my BT audio devices (headset, speaks, Car). I know it is BT bcos when the audio reconnects the song obviously did not pause(besides the vast majority of music I have is local). Also I can plug my BT speakers into the phone directly with a 2.5mm headset jack and the same exact audio plays fine.

I have seen posts where LG admits the error and says a fix is coming. I've taken at least 4 or 5 official patch updates since this started and none of them ever fully fixed it, some got better but I wonder if the bug is untouched and external perf in unrelated areas are making it happen less or more.

The result of all this is that I frankly want to toss the phone. In some ways I use my music WAY more than make calls. Failing audio makes the phone near worthless.

Has anyone seen this and more important has anyone actually fixed it?

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: skycam2019

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones