• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Connection Issues

I have two Bluetooth connection problems with my Asus Transformer TF101 running ICS:
1. I can pair it with my computer running Windows7 but cannot connect to it nor can the PC connect to the Transformer. Same hold for trying to connect to my Motorola Droid phone running Android 2.2.3, they pair but don't connect. How to I get them to connect so I can do things like transfer files.
2. If I run FoxFi on the Droid I can use it to tether the Transformer via Bluetooth DUN using the PDANet For Tablet application and access the internet. However several apps do no work. For example, the built-in weather app and the USA Today app say I am not connected to the network, the Gmail app does not sync but the built-in email app gets to my Gmail account with no problem. Any thoughts on why this is happening?
THANKS

#1 dunno.
#2 many apps are looking for wifi- using BT they don't "See" your connection. Try a wifi solution.

Did you root for PDANet to work? It told me you have to root and install a file on the TF for PDAnet to run. Can't figure out my Galaxy Nexus but I get crappy 3g at work where I would want it anyway...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones