• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bluetooth headset/ EVO issues

caitlin215

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
First I would like to say hi! Im new to the forums.:)

So i got a new Evo on friday and it is my first experience with android and I am loving it so far! The only problem I am really having is keeping my bluetooth headset paired with the device.
I have a plantroncs explorer 230 and it is the only bluetooth thing I have. It continually disconnects and reconnects from the device at random even when I am on calls. Im not very techy so I really have no idea what to do.
It disconnects on its own and then reconnects again a few seconds later.

Hi Caitlin,

I just saw your post. I have had my Evo about 3 weeks and love it. It came with 2.2 and for the first few weeks the Bluetooth was flawless, I was able to easily pair it to my Plantronics Voyager Pro, my Moto S9-HD, and, amazingly, to my JVC car stereo (which my Moment refused to do, for either the headset or stereo profiles).

The last few days, though, with the Plantronics as the only pairing, the connection will drop even though the Evo shows it is still connected. I can't manually reconnect, I can't delete the pairing, and I if I turn off Bluetooth I can't turn it back on without a restart.

I can then turn BT on, pair, and connect, but before the day is out the connection gets broken again.

I don't know if this resembles what may have been happening to you but this came out of nowhere for me. I hope others may have some help for us!

Matt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones