• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth headset music pausing while phone is moving

Adar

Jul 19, 2011
I posted this over on the XDA forums, but not really getting any answers, so thought I would put it here. I have a set of Plantronics Backbeat 903+ bluetooth stereo headphones. While playing music (not streaming, just playing MP3s off my phone), the music will randomly pause for a second or so, then continue. If my phone is sitting on my desk, I have no problems listening to music, even if I get up and am walking around. It ONLY has a problem when I am moving around WITH my phone. If I hold it carefully to offset my movement, it also works fine. It seems as though somehow, the G-sensor is interfering. Is this even possible? Has anyone else noticed this? I haven't tried it with any other headphones yet. I do have a pair of regular wired headphones, and an LG stereo bluetooth I will try tonight, but I just thought I would throw this out here and see if anyone else has had this problem, and knows of a solution. Also, to see if my theory about the G-sensor makes any sense to anyone else.

Just wanted to give a quick update on this. It apparently is NOT a problem specific to the Evo3D. According to the actual manual, it says you should keep the phone on your left side. This seemed really odd to me, since it also says it has a range of 33 feet. Surprisingly though, putting the phone on my left side has drastically reduced the amount of pausing, though it hasn't eliminated it.

This confuses me, because the range of 33 feet actually seems to be pretty true. I have often left my phone sitting in my car when I went inside for something, and it kept connection for quite a while before dropping. If it has that much range, why should it matter if I have the phone on my left side or right side? Obviously, the antenna must be directional to some extent, but that seems like a pretty crappy design.

Maybe this is common for bluetooth headsets. I don't know. Prior to my Evo3D, I was using an old HTC Mogul. It had so few resources, and was so old, that I never bothered with a bluetooth headset for listening to music. I just had a Plantronics bluetooth earpiece, which seemed to work fine.

In any case, I am going to have to see about finding a different headset. Keeping my phone on my left side is far too annoying for me, regardless of how much I like the headset aside from this issue.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones