• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth keyboard doesn't always connect

ArtemisTwo

Lurker
Jul 24, 2019
Since I have had the Tab2, periodically the bluetooth keyboard just doesn't seem to connect, forcing me to use the onscreen keyboard, which I hate. There are two keys at the top right that have the bluetooth symbol on them. If I hold one of them down for a few seconds, the keyboard light will come on, but it flashes blue/green/red over and over, so there's no connection. At some point, it just magically connects properly and goes blithely on. I'm not sure which is more frustrating: when it doesn't work, or when it starts working and I have no idea what made it do so.

Any and all advice on how to "wake up" the keyboard and make it work when I want it to will be gratefully received! Thanks!!

Y'know, I should have remembered you can find anything you want on YouTube. I once repaired a die cutting machine with a Russian (silent, thank goodness) video, so I just looked up Galaxy Tab2 keyboard, turned off bluetooth, turned it back on and linked with the keyboard. Like magic, it works again. All this for 2.5 hours on Samsung Support chat and wasting your time, ocnbrze (love your pittie picture -- well, I just love pitties).

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Can you advise me how to do that? Say it like you were talking to a computer idiot. I've been on customer support with Samsung for two hours now and I really don't think they have a clue. Thanks!
go into settings>
Y'know, I should have remembered you can find anything you want on YouTube. I once repaired a die cutting machine with a Russian (silent, thank goodness) video, so I just looked up Galaxy Tab2 keyboard, turned off bluetooth, turned it back on and linked with the keyboard. Like magic, it works again. All this for 2.5 hours on Samsung Support chat and wasting your time, ocnbrze (love your pittie picture -- well, I just love pitties).
Me too. He was 7 weeks old in that picture. He is now 7 years old.

In fact he might get a little brother tomorrow. Going to check out an 8 week old multipoo for my mom.

Glad you figured it out with the keyboard. This works for any Bluetooth device as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones