• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Launches Default Music Player Not Winamp

ebaum

Oct 8, 2010
Chicago
I just flashed to Gingerbread on my Captivate and use Winamp as my default music player. When I connect via Bluetooth w/Microsoft Sync in my Ford, the default music player app launches...even if I push play on Winamp too. I've cleared my defaults for the "Music Player" and made sure Winamp is the default program for mp3 file types, but it's still happening (and sometimes playing music via both apps at the same time). Anyone know what else I can do to stop the default player from launching (without rooting and removing it completely?). Thanks in advance!!

I just flashed to Gingerbread on my Captivate and use Winamp as my default music player. When I connect via Bluetooth w/Microsoft Sync in my Ford, the default music player app launches...even if I push play on Winamp too. I've cleared my defaults for the "Music Player" and made sure Winamp is the default program for mp3 file types, but it's still happening (and sometimes playing music via both apps at the same time). Anyone know what else I can do to stop the default player from launching (without rooting and removing it completely?). Thanks in advance!!

There's a checkbox in Winamp's settings that says "Allow Winamp to control the headset" and that did it for me. Had the same issue as you (but it was with a headset).

Go to the home screen in winamp (touch the lightning bolt) then press Menu, then Settings and you'll see it there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones