• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth not automatically "connecting" in car

JCUMV

Jan 17, 2010
Hi all,
After doing a search for Bluetooth and reading everything, I still can't find the answer to my question. I have a 2006 Acura TL with the integrated BT system. I've paired many a phone to this car over the years so I'm totally familiar with that process. I have successfully "paired" my Eris with the car. As a side note, I have the Bluetooth widget on my Eris main screen and it's almost always toggled on.

The question: When I get into my car, the phone does automatically sync up... so that's all good. But, when I pick up my phone and dial a number I expect the Eris to transfer the sound to the car speakers. It doesn't. I have to select Menu > Bluetooth On and then it transfers. So the phone is "paired" and Eris BT is on... shouldn't it automagically transfer the call to the car?

Every phone I've ever had has done this. Am I missing something? If I'm not, is there an app that will do it?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones