• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Problems ?

My Samsung Moment has three different BT problems. If anyone has any solution for any of these, I'd really appreciate it.

1) There are a number of BT devices that it doesn't recognize. For instance, it cannot pair with the BT in my wife's Camry Hybrid, nor can it pair with a cheap Jawbone BT earset that I own.

2) Once it pairs and connects with a BT device (e.g., my Plantronics headset), it will NOT reconnect automatically once it loses the connection. I always have to manually reconnect.

3) It willl occassionally lose the connection with the BT device even when it remains in proximity with the device.

CAN ANYONE BUILD A WIDGET THAT COULD BE USED TO RECONNECT WITH A BT DEVICE? (E.g., press a widget on the main screen that brings up a list of all paired devices that are currently available. Select one and automatically turn on BT and connect.)

Thanks,
Benbimi

Upvote 0
I have a new 2010 Honda Accord Couple with Handsfree Link. It has connected a few times but this AM, the phone's Bluetooth allowed me to beam one contact and then it rebooted itself with the Android screen, etc. Then when I tried to turn on the phone's Bluetooth, it wouldn't allow me to check the box within the settings menu. VERY frustrating! :thinking:

Upvote 0
I recently bought a Moment and have been exploring here and there. I found the BT is not consistent. After pairing with my car radio, it can connect automatically every time when I start the car. But after pairing and using another BT headset, my phone doesn't auto-connect to anything. I have performed factory reset twice. It works again after reseting but stops working when I have multiple BT devices. That's odd! Going to call technical support to complain.

Upvote 0
I was having the problem that my bluetooth would not connect unless I went into the wireless settings and selected the device. I reset my phone today and reinstalled most of my apps and everything else. I blanked my pairing history in one of my bluetooth devices (blue ant ST3), and then repaired it. So far, the auto connect has been working. I'm not going to try to add anymore devices until next week at least to see if it continues to work. I've only had the phone for about 6 days, so there wasn't that much to download and configure. I use google for contacts, so that was easy. I figure it took me an hour to get it all done.

Upvote 0
I have been using the Samsinh Instinct for 2 years now and i wanted an upgrade.......
Silly me.....
I have been using the Jawbone 2 headset and i liked how the quality was excellent.
Others including my wife have complained as to the jawbone not connecting itself.
But mine was fine every time every day.
Then i swapped over to the Moment and it pair just fine.
Unless you walk away.
You have to manually connect the Jawbone every time, nothing auto about it.
Cannot blame the jawbone here at all, because it worked perfect until the this Moment.

Upvote 0
I have been using the Samsinh Instinct for 2 years now and i wanted an upgrade.......
Silly me.....
I have been using the Jawbone 2 headset and i liked how the quality was excellent.
Others including my wife have complained as to the jawbone not connecting itself.
But mine was fine every time every day.
Then i swapped over to the Moment and it pair just fine.
Unless you walk away.
You have to manually connect the Jawbone every time, nothing auto about it.
Cannot blame the jawbone here at all, because it worked perfect until the this Moment.
Turn off the Jawbone, make the moment discoverable and turn the jawbone back on, see if that fixes it. It worked on mine. I have a Blueant ST3, a Plantronics, and a Motorola, and they all work. We know that the Moment has BT issues, but this seemed to work for me. I'm on my 5th day trouble free.

Reactions: Jeebus
Upvote 0
Ok...turned it off, made phone discoverable....
auto connected...
waiting 100 more seconds......
pause.....

i will be right back, walking away from phone to get something from my truck...
leaving the phone here.

Ok i returned and the Jawbone beeped as it conencted.

That's strange that's not how it's supposed to work.
I will let you know tomorrow or the next day if it continues to work like it was designed to.

Upvote 0
I know it isn't supposed to work like that too, but it has been. I was prepared to return the phone, but did't know what to get. The Pre sucks (still have one) and I needed full buttons. I'm sick of Blackberries. I'm pretty happy now. Even if I had to make it discoverable once a week, I'd still be ok with that. Glad it worked for you.

Upvote 0
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Although I cannot confirm it, I can tell you that has been my experience. I seldom turn off my phone, but if I did yesterday and had to make bluetooth discoverable to make my deviceses auto connect. I can confirm that making the bluetooth discoverable fixes my bluetooth issues. I think that powering down and downloading stuff from the market cause issues and I have to repeat the process, but those are both things I don't do that often, so I'm not complaining. It's only like 4 steps to make the bluetooth discoverable. I'm really liking this phone now.

Upvote 0
as i stated earlier after a few days...
when you power off the phone or isntall certain apps the bluetooth disconnects.
and you need to press the make discoverable again

and also as a side note the Moment makes my bluetooth battery go dead faster.
noticed this the first day, and the second day and the third day...
only thing i come up with is the phone must talk and outhenticate with the bluetooth more often.

Upvote 0
Ok so home now. The phone is almost dead finally after a full day of use. Battery meter is not the worst though dropped quick from full charge and held around 70% most of the day. I have a Jawbone 2 and the sound quality and pairing work. I have paired and un paired several times and no issues. I am curious as to what Bluetooth profiles are on these devices and how they work. My sister also has the new nice plantronics BT headset and no issues reported by her yet either. I also paired to my laptop so I will see how that goes. Wish I had BT in the car to test for you guys!
I have a Jawbone, it says it's paired to my Droid, I can get the "dial tone" but the nice lady never asks me to "say a command." Any idea what the problem might be?

Upvote 0
I bought a new bluetooth a couple months ago. It has been giving me horrible static every day after the first day it linked. Since then I have run two resets on my phone and repaired with the bluetooth, and every time I get the same thing... Crystal clear perfect conversation after the initial connection, then horrible static every day afterwards. Anyone know how to solve this?:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones