• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth , s4 locks up , one way transmission

peterposh

Jul 17, 2012
If I connect my s4 to a bluetooth device , various cars, earpeice etc , I'll be able to make one call satisfactorily , if I then get another call I can answer the call but it will be one way transmission i'.e. they will be able to hear me but not vis versa. I won't be able to use the phone again for calls until I reboot it.
I had the same problem with my earlier one , I complained to the provider and they replaced the phone for a new one , this fault happens on 3 of my cars with different systems and with an earpeice so I'm relegated to using the headset wire earphones .

Any ideas?

Bring the phone and the Bluetooth headset into the carrier and ask them if they can find you a single phone in their stock that works correctly - and that they're free to pair the headset with any phone they like to verify that the headset works properly (which you should do first, so you don't embarrass yourself - it *is* possible that you have both a defective headset and a defective car audio. Not likely, but possible.)

Upvote 0
The phone is probably working correctly. Unfortunately Bluetooth in most older vehicles is not compatible with the S4. Unfortunately, I discovered this after I got my phone and carried out a lot of research as to why it wouldn't work. There's loads of people that have the same problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones