• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boost mobile APN settings?

does anyone know what the boost mobile APN settings are or how to find them? i tried to google it with not much luck

the menu under wireless networks where that info is usually stored just has a 3G switch?

any feedback would be appreciated

It's posted here in one of the thread somewhere. If you do a search for it you may find it. I know I posted it on Facebook a long time ago as well. It's also found on the web if you do a search.

BUT with that said ;) Use the APN Manager app to do this.

APN: Boost_Mobile
Proxy:
Port:
User Name: Boost_Mobile
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mm.myboostmobile.com
MMS Proxy: 68.28.31.7
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 00
APN Type:

Upvote 0
Mine looks slightly different. I too used the APN manager apk to set mine and the settings are different for the following :
MCC: 311
MNC: 870

All features seem to work but one. I have not been able to send emails with photo's taken from the phone which is troubling, I sometimes need to do this at work. I have to do some more testing to confirm.

that's what mine looks like (using CTMod 2.2)

i'm curious if the other settings are from a factory APN and if it makes a difference?

all my stuff seems to be working at the moment

the reason why i asked in the first place is that i was going to attempt to use a boost mob. sim card in a different phone, just out of curiosity

thanks for the feedback guys

Upvote 0
It's posted here in one of the thread somewhere. If you do a search for it you may find it. I know I posted it on Facebook a long time ago as well. It's also found on the web if you do a search.

BUT with that said ;) Use the APN Manager app to do this.

APN: Boost_Mobile
Proxy:
Port:
User Name: Boost_Mobile
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mm.myboostmobile.com
MMS Proxy: 68.28.31.7
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 00
APN Type:

i have a couple of differences on my setup noted below:

Password:. <--- this is a password dot, don't know how to type it
Server:*
MCC: 311
MNC: 870

using CTMod 2.2, i don't know if the password and server entries are hidden characters or just a dot (password) and an asterisk (server) ?? since i don't know how to reveal the characters if they were hidden

just wondering what setup you're using? and also if your data/texting/messaging stuff is working fine then what difference does it make to change these fields??

Upvote 0
Im trying to use Change APN app on my phone and i've entered in all the info from this thread and i still can't seem to get pics to download via my text app. Phone is a HTC 510 desire, my brother cracked it, then loaded a rom for a Nexus phone, seems to work faster and has more internal memory which is awesome. Just keep getting a message stating No APN specified. Any help would be great, Im a newb with smart phones as of last year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones