• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Windows Phone 7 ROM 4.2.3 {Updated 1/22/13}

So i havea problem with the wifi anf toggle, wifi doesnt want to come sometimes, and the.toggles dont.want.to change....weird

Please tell me how I access the stock alarm, I can't find it

for the wifi issue, reboot into recovery, then go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache.

There is flashable zip of the stock alarm clock on post three of n00b rom. I highly recommend alarmdroid as a free alternative from the play store.

Upvote 0
Yes. Its like it wont switch back and forth. Not every time, but when it does, the only solution is a reboot. I also found out today that I am missing sms messages? Don't know if they are related. Thanks for the help. Hope it doesn't sound like all I'm doing is complaining, this phone is 1 million times more stable than before.

Upvote 0
Yes. Its like it wont switch back and forth. Not every time, but when it does, the only solution is a reboot. I also found out today that I am missing sms messages? Don't know if they are related. Thanks for the help. Hope it doesn't sound like all I'm doing is complaining, this phone is 1 million times more stable than before.

I have a fix for it coming soon

Reactions: djwell
Upvote 0
Im really debating on trying out this rom. Im nervous that if I dont like it, I wont be able to get my stock rom back.. Does anyone know how or where to get the stock rom. And is this rom really worth the change on the ZTE Warp

If you are rooted. You can make a Nandroid backup in CWM or TWRP. So, it is easy to bring back you old phone settings if you don't like the ROM.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
I would bet it's related to the wi-fi problem, but my phone connects to Bluetooth, but will not transmit the sound?

Same issue as "djwell" wi-fi not working properly. My wi-fi can't connect to my Camera or anything else, so I went back to stock rom and it connects with no problems. But hey I don't want to use a stock rom just to use my wi-fi. I've become attached to this wp7 Rom 4.1. I need a solution. Can anyone help? I'm waiting to hit that thank you button.

can one or both of you try opening and editing the build.prop file under /system and add a pound to the following line:

video.accelerate.hw=1

so it looks like this: #video.accelerate.hw=1

reboot to recovery after that, wipe cache and advanced wipe dalvik cache and then reboot and tell me if your issue is cleared.

Reactions: djwell and LilBit
Upvote 0
I rooted my phone before btw and only did so to use the BLACKOUT rom? Been using it a few months now but after seeing a friends windows phone, I really liked it and fancied a change on mine. Was so happy to see a windows phone ROM for android so I wanted it, but it wont install.

The Blackout rom is the only rom ive ever had on my phone, before that I was not rooted.

Just thought id say that incase there is something obvious I am not doing? I tried wipe data/reset factory settings too, but didnt help

Upvote 0
I cant get this to install! :(

First I was getting the assert failed, but I figured that out.. WinRAR and removed the verifying from the code.

Trying it again now, and now its saying Error in /sdcard/wp74.1.exe (status 1)

What else can I do?

This rom is for the zte warp on boost mobile only, I don't recognize that other rom you mentioned so it leads me to believe you are trying to flash this on a different phone, roms are phone specific they will only work for the phone they were developed for.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
I use HTC Desire HD

I hope I can find a Windows Phone ROM for my phone then.. Any of you know of one?

The best place to discuss ROM's for your phone would be in the sub-forum for your device... in your case Desire HD (or more specifically, in the root section for the phone... Desire HD - All Things Root) :)

Reactions: MrBobo and LilBit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones