• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloader image request

LoopyD

Android Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2012
Michigan, USA
BOOTLOADER FLASHABLE ZIP PROVIDED BY @viperdink ! THANK YOU!

I can begin my work as soon as I have a laptop to do it from. Viper gave me a nice little pre prepared FLASHABLE zip to work from. It will come in handy! It contains all of the bootloader dependencies plus the image.

Going to look into a disassembler and img extracting tool when I finally have a little pos laptop to work with. :)

If anyone can I need a binary image of the bootloader. I'm gonna try my hand at hacking out the secuirty check, hence unlocking it. I need to purchase a jtag to get the image off the eerom chips too...advice?

Full bootloader unlock means no more lame hacky bypass tricks to avoid the internal memory wipe at boot and any kernel you want Not sure of Quadcomm but this may allow GPU Overclock as well.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones