• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to root YU Yuphoria [safe and easy method]

rdxravi

Lurker
Oct 28, 2015
Please follow the below instructions carefully. After trying many guides and doing a sort of research, I found a working and easy method for all.
This may come out to be very helpful for noobs and also others.
Those who are not rooted yet, just get your YUphoria rooted and feel the freedom as YU Play God.

Requirements before going for any further action to root (Prerequisites):

* First of all, You must have YUphoria. 
* Then Go to Settings.
* Scroll down and go to About Phone.
* Scroll down and tap build number 7 times until you will see a popup stating 'You are now a developer'.
* Press back and now a new section called Developer Options will appear in settings just above About Phone. Tap on it and turn on the toggle at the top.
* Now Open Developer Options in your YUphoria and turn on Advanced Reboot option.
* Now scroll down and turn off Update Cyanogen recovery.
* Now scroll down and turn on Android/USB Debugging.
* Now make a backup of all your data present in the Internal Memory to be on safer side as your bootloader may or may not be unlocked.
* Make sure you have at least 35% battery to prevent unexpected failures. More will always be better.

DOWNLOAD:

* Download and install PdaNet Drivers while connecting your YUphoria to PC in stand-by mode.
* Download YUphoria Root Files.zip from the link below.
-
* Place them in your PC/laptop.
* Extract/Unzip YUphoria Root Files.
* Install adb-setup-1.4.2.exe
* Place Root.zip (SuperSU.zip) file in Internal Memory or SD card of your YUphoria.
-
* Note: Check the latest version of SuperSU.zip from the link below and use it.

- Download YUphoria CWM recovery if you wanna flash CWM custom recovery.

LINK:
http://www.geeksgyan.com/2015/10/how-to-root-yu-yuphoria-easy-safe-method.html?m=0
http://www.geeksgyan.com/2015/10/how-to-root-yu-yuphoria-easy-safe-method.html?m=0
* PdaNet (Necessary adb drivers)
* YUphoria Root Files (Link includes a zip file containing necessary adb, fastboot files and TWRP 2.8.6.0 (64bit) recovery)
* YUphoria CWM Recovery (This recovery should be placed in YUphoria Rooting folder for flashing)
* Latest SuperSU.zip

Note: Better use latest TWRP 2.8.7.0 (64-bit) by @vishal_android freak and place it into YUphoria Root Files before flashing.

Steps to Root:

* Connect your phone with PC/Laptop.
* Install PdaNet drivers in your PC while connecting YUphoria in standby mode.
* Press and Hold Power button, then select and hold Reboot.
* You will get four options. Select the one stating Bootloader.
* Fastboot Mode/ Bootloader will be visible on your YUphoria.
* Now go to extracted YUphoria Root Files folder in your PC and open YUphoria ROOTING.
* While pressing the Shift key on your keyboard, right click in the folder in blank area and select Open Command Prompt Here. The command prompt will open up.
* Now run the following command to confirm if your YUphoria is detected by PC in Fastboot Mode or not:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices

* The device should get detected.
* Now run the following command to check whether bootloader is locked or unlocked:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem device-info

* If true, no need to unlock bootloader as it is already unlocked.
* If false, you need to unlock the bootloader. Run the following command:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock

Note: Backup your data before going through above command as unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data.

* Now run the following command to flash custom recovery:
-
* To flash latest TWRP 2.8.7.0 (64-bit) recovery image (flashable)

Code:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery TWRP_v2.8,7.0_Yuphoria.img
OR

-
* To flash TWRP 2.8.6.0 (64-bit) recovery-

Code:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery twrp.img
OR

-
* To flash CWM (64-bit) recovery-

Code:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery yuphoria-cwm-recovery.img

* After successful, remove the data cable from your YUphoria and press Volume Up+Volume Down+Power button altogether. YUphoria will boot into recovery mode TWRP which was flashed by you.
* Now Select Install zip >> Choose zip from /sdcard >> 0/ >> Select Root.zip >> Yes - Install Root.zip
* Now Go Back and Select Wipe Cache Partition >> Yes Wipe. >> It will take 2-3 minutes to wipe.
* Now Select advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache >> Yes Wipe.
* Now Finally Select Reboot System Now >> Yes - Fix Root
* It will take time to reboot depending upon the apps you have in your phone. So, Be patient.
* For checking if you ae successfully rooted or not, download Root Checker app from play store and click on Verify Root.

Congratulations, Your YUphoria is finally rooted. Stay Happy.
Press like button if you find this guide helpful.
Hope You Like it
READ FULL POST HERE http://www.geeksgyan.com/2015/10/how-to-root-yu-yuphoria-easy-safe-method.html?m=0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones