• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Both internal SD card and Flash!?

In a nutshell:

the Optimus 2x sports an internal SD card in addition to the internal flash and the MicroSD expansion slot. Flash and internal SD add up to approx. 5.5 GB of space.

What is special about the implementation is, that the music player for instance is set to include alle 3 media locations(flash, internal SD, microSD) when browsing through media (you you don't have to switch around to find your media). You can access the internal SD card via any file manager.
When you dial the "SD card" card folder from the filesystem, you will access the internal SD card. In the root folder of the internal SD card, LG places a "shortcut" to your MicroSD, as demonstrated in the video.

I hope this helps

Off topic: I hope they did some work on the browser ... the (scrolling-)performance seemed kinda sluggish to me in this video. That aside I never owned an android handset before, so I'm not aware if this is "normal".

Reactions: BatfinkUK1
Upvote 0
Thank you for your translation; it makes me feel a little ignorant asking.:eek:

That feature sounds a little like MS's library media folder thing in Win 7,media grouped by type rather physical location. I like the sound of that on a phone.

As far as I’m aware the only phones in the wild (except Korea as of today) are test/beta, fingers crossed its sorted before final release here in the UK. Quite interesting though.

Thank you for your time.:)

Upvote 0
Can internal SD (not external micro SD) ever be upgraded if it sits in a slot? And, are people confusing the issue when they say "8 GB upgradeable to 32 GB"? Does that mean it comes with 8 GB micro SD, or that it has 8 GB of internal SD + Flash, and there is another micro slot for upgrading with another 32 GB?

Upvote 0
As far as I understood the video, the internal SD card is not swappable, kinda like with the SGS.

That said, seing that the device in the video has about 5,5 GB of free space, I'd say the assumption, that the device comes with 8GB of internal storage, and is further upgradeable via a MicroSD Card slot (so, in theory, 8GB internal + up to 32 GB MicroSD) is correct.

Upvote 0
Internal pic. Thanks to intomobile.com:)

lg-optimus-2x-star-nvidia-tegra-2-dual-core-hands-on-review-14.jpg

Attachments

• lg-optimus-2x-star-nvidia-tegra-2-dual-core-hands-on-review-14.jpg
    lg-optimus-2x-star-nvidia-tegra-2-dual-core-hands-on-review-14.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones