• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Brand New Froyo 2.3.13

Mine is a lot better but it could have something to do with the amount of bloatware that I've removed.

If it wasn't executing Bloat ware I don't see how it could make a difference.

My battery seems good one day sucks the next. When at work it drops like a rock in water but I have bad receptions here. At home it much better. I had almost 20 hrs the other day and was still at 50% when I plugged it in to flash some stuff (flashing takes lots of battery power) . But today at work I went from 80 to 40 in less than 2 hours! eeek

Upvote 0
I just installed Fly-X on top of this. It removed Spare-Parts, the New Gallery, Music 2.2, Car Home2.2 and the Moto Tourch, Developer tools, Voice Dialer2.2, Email2.2,CLock2.2, the new Calendar2.2 (Basically all of the updated apps).

I backed up with TB, and MB but I can't seems to restore any of these (Ti-bakup shows them but can not restore them?) They show up in the file system as tar.gz's Is there a way to restore these apps?

Thats a weird thing tb does. Is it showing the apps but the restore option is blank? I don't know why it does that, might want to send an email to the developer. The only way to restore them is to reload the apk or reload your last nandroid. Why would you remove the 2.2 apps anyways I'd remove the older ones?

I wonder if it would work if we set the system folder to r/w first? then tried to restore with tb. Just throwing it out there haven't tried myself.

Upvote 0
the proper way to call for help is shining a light in the sky that has an image of a bot

Nobody ever have seen a bot. So, that is the best I can do
1223_09_1---Big-Blue-Sky--Montana--USA_web.jpg

Reactions: D13
Upvote 0
You can remove both of the backupassistant.apks and buacontactadapter.apk.
Removing blurcalendar.apk and blurcalendarprovider.apk will leave you with the newer calendar.
Removing cardock.apk will remove the older car dock.
Removing bluremail.apk will remove the older email app.
Removing mediagallery.apk will remove the older gallery.
Removing music.apk will remove the older music app.

Do all of this will Root Explorer and either delete the .apk file or rename the .apk extension to .bak. You will be left with the newer google version of the apps.

If you sync your Google Calendar, be careful about what you remove. Removing blurcalendar.apk indeed left me with the newer Calendar app. However, removing blurcalendarprovider.apk broke Google sync. If you want to sync your new Calendar with Google, be careful before removing blurcalendarprovider.apk.

Upvote 0
If you sync your Google Calendar, be careful about what you remove. Removing blurcalendar.apk indeed left me with the newer Calendar app. However, removing blurcalendarprovider.apk broke Google sync. If you want to sync your new Calendar with Google, be careful before removing blurcalendarprovider.apk.

Definitely be careful with what you remove. I've removed 70+ stock apps and have not had any issues but the next person, depending on what they use their phone for and how it's setup, could have a lot of problems.

Upvote 0
Look at the post dates. They were prior to the official froyo OTA release. No one has the new Nov update at all yet for the DX.

That's odd (wrong), my over-the-air update came in last night but I selected ignore for 12 hours, and installed it this morning on my Droid2 when I got to work. It went through the whole process and then gave me a successfully installed message upon restart.

Upvote 0
So is the D2 update really being pushed already?

It sounds like the D2 is finally getting the update WE got the end of sept.

Yeah it was a couple days ago it came over the air for my Droid2.

I was just wondering if there was any type of list of the improvements over the 2.2 OS I could look at and compare it to?

Upvote 0
I've never seen any comparison list anywhere.. and it would be slightly different from phone to phone anyway.

Alright, thanks :) I haven't noticed anything in performance, but I'm sure those updates and changes would not be something a user could feel or see.

I just wish the quotations function while typing along with the $ sign would finally work right :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones